• Register
  • Help

Topic: brush stirs with no aftertouch?

Share/Bookmark

brush stirs with no aftertouch?

hey everyone,
    my midi controller (oxygen 8 v2) doesn't have aftertouch. is there any way for me to do brush stirs? the key that is supposed to be mapped to brush stirs doesn't seem to be producing any sounds.

Re: brush stirs with no aftertouch?

Quote Originally Posted by paulsanwald
    hey everyone,
    my midi controller (oxygen 8 v2) doesn't have aftertouch. is there any way for me to do brush stirs? the key that is supposed to be mapped to brush stirs doesn't seem to be producing any sounds.
    If memory serves, doesn't Oxygen 8 let you assign cc131 to one of the programable sliders which, in turn, outputs aftertouch data? Check the manual on that.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    If memory serves, doesn't Oxygen 8 let you assign cc131 to one of the programable sliders which, in turn, outputs aftertouch data? Check the manual on that.
    I checked the manual and downloaded their editing tool, enigma. I assigned the C1 knob to CC 131 and uploaded that to the keyboard. still no brush sound on JABB though. does it sound like what I am doing is correct?

I am kind of new at this, thanks for your help.

First, let's make sure you understand how aftertouch data works with the brush stirs. Have you examined the brush stir tutorial? It's located here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40276

You can test if your cc131 assignment to the Oxygen8 knob worked by moving the knob while recording MIDI data to a track. Afterward, go into the track and see if it contains any Aftertouch (channel pressure) data.

Tom

this tutorial helped a lot, got it working. thanks tom!

Go Back to forum