Joy

Hello one and all,

Here is my latest miniature strings composition:

JOY

EnJoy...

Yudit

Re: Joy for 2

Hi Sunbird,

good melody at the start, nice development, but this piece asks for more. It can be just the beginning of a short symphony. Lots of melodic ideas in this piece. Keep it in a save place and dig it up again when you are ready for a larger work. It has so many good things in it!!! The accompaniment, etc.

Nice doing and thanks,

Raymond

Bon demain Mme,

This is a nice short composition! I like the ease in the tones.

I agree with Raymond that it would be great to hear a larger work, out from this...

My best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hi Gunther,

Thanks for listening and commenting. I agree it is very small. I added the word 'miniature' to my post...
    For the time being I seem to be able to write only miniatures... I don't know why...

sunbird

I don't mind. Twenty miniatures together make also a larger work.
    How to climb the Himalaya? Step by step...... agreed?

Raymond

Hello, Sunbird--It's really good to see you here again with more music for us to hear.

Aaah, your "miniature" is very lovely and very nicely recorded. I was finding the juxtaposition of the word "joy" with the minor key to be an interesting ingredient, when the Answer arrived in the music as you shifted into major towards the end, then ended with a nice contrast between minor and then major again. Yes, "Joy for Two" always comes with some struggle--it's never completely peaceful.

I've listened twice, and on the second time through one technical point came up--This could be even prettier with more Legato. The strings are a bit choppy--This question about Legato came up on your earlier piece as I recall? You were looking for a way to implement cc64 with your set up.

Thanks for this, Sunbird, and be sure to keep us posted on your progress with both your music and your computer programs.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hello, Sunbird--It's really good to see you here again with more music for us to hear.

Aaah, your "miniature" is very lovely and very nicely recorded. I was finding the juxtaposition of the word "joy" with the minor key to be an interesting ingredient, when the Answer arrived in the music as you shifted into major towards the end, then ended with a nice contrast between minor and then major again. Yes, "Joy for Two" always comes with some struggle--it's never completely peaceful.

I've listened twice, and on the second time through one technical point came up--This could be even prettier with more Legato. The strings are a bit choppy--This question about Legato came up on your earlier piece as I recall? You were looking for a way to implement cc64 with your set up.

Thanks for this, Sunbird, and be sure to keep us posted on your progress with both your music and your computer programs.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thanks, Randy, for your lovely words. Yes, that was the main idea in my miniature, the change of moods with minor/major and finishing off with an optimistic tone.
    As to my struggle with the legato issue, I have posted an answer in 'Inspiration'.
    I'm working now on a few ideas which hopefully will unite into one piece. I also hope to use some other instruments beside strings... lol.

I thought this was just great. I absolutely loved the starting theme. Just that alone could be developed into something more grand. A great sound.
    -Jay

Wow, some gorgeous string work, Sunbird! Lovely!

I enjoy short takes, preludes, small pieces like this;
    self-contained little masterpieces. However... you
    do have a wealth of strong material in this. May I
    hope you will take it further!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

The strings sounded normal-sized to me...?

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    I thought this was just great. I absolutely loved the starting theme. Just that alone could be developed into something more grand. A great sound.
    -Jay
    Hi Jay, thanks for listening and glad you enjoyed my miniature!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast