• Register
  • Help

Topic: Romance for Violin and Orchestra - take 2

Share/Bookmark

Romance for Violin and Orchestra - take 2

Romance for Violin and Orchestra in G major

I listened to all of your comments and didn't know how to implement them until Randy came along. He really helped me with long explanatory stories how to use certain CC#'s with the KP1 player and the KP2 player. Thanks to the difference in time zones, I could write my comments while he was asleep (I think) and he answered me while I was dreaming of a "nice and well made piece of music"

So my special thanks go to Randy, who took the Stradivari track, replayed it and added the necessary timbres, bowing, volume, expression, etc. to it. He was a patient teacher for this stubburn old dude.

Enjoy it,

Raymond
    [don't know what happened. Sudden broken link. Restored!]

Re: Romance for Violin and Orchestra - take 2

Ray,

Thanks for re-posting this, as it is worth hearing. And thanks to Randy for his walking you through the process. This is a very lovely piece, dark in some places, sweet in others, and well balanced in terms of emotions/characters. There is some nice variety even in an always-moving fabric; that is hard to do, but you mangage it well.

I'm sure your wife was pleased with this. I'm sure many others here in the forum will be.

Thanks for not giving up on this.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

I see Raymond is having trouble with his post--I'm not sure how the entire link managed to disappear--?!

He and I have been in contact for a few days, as he mentions on this thread. I was glad to help out with his Strad track, and we had a great time teaming up via the internet to finish this musical wedding anniversary gift to his wife.

In his last email to me, he said he and his wife would be enjoying the weekend out and about in The Hague, taking a break from the long studio hours. So he may not be back today to fix this post.

I have the link he sent me for the piece, and I Think it's the final mix he settled on. I'll post it so people can hear his Romance, and if it turns out there's a different mix he'd prefer us to be hearing, then I'll edit this post, taking out this link.

"Romance for Violin and Orchestra"

http://www.esnips.com/web/RomancesForViolin

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Not yet gone..... later this evening.

Raymond

Very nice piece. Bravi !

I hope more people have the chance to hear Raymond's tribute to his 40 year marriage.

And I want to say that Raymond gives me far too much credit in his post. I didn't "replay" the Strad line, but primarily re-did the vibrato work, and then did some fine tuning with keyswitching, expression etc.

Those of you who may have heard the first posted version of this will recall that one could hear there was a misunderstanding of how to use vibrato in the Strad. I offered to help Raymond fix that up, and he graciously accepted my assistance.

But while I edited the Strad track, he did so much work with the entire file--It would be interesting if he would post both versions for a Very vivid example of how two project files of exactly the same notes and performance can sound completely different, depending on the amount of MIDI editing one puts into the project.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Randy,

I will try to do that. Have to dig up that particular Sonar project from "Before Randy".

Raymond

Hi Folks,

Somebody told me that there were some problems with the link. I also found out that the link didn't work properly. First, I thought that the file wasn't uploaded correctly (I had some connection problems!!) but looking at the name of the folder I had put a superfluous space in the name.

http://www.esnips.com/web/WorksForViolins

This is the new folder. In there I've put the scores as well and another guy asked me to put also the wave file WITHOUT the solo violin. He wishes to play and record that himself. Great thought!!

Down under the page is the file Romance in G.mp3.
    Sorry for any inconvience, hoping that it is working now,

Raymond

Ray, you've outdone yourself on this one... a thoroughly
    engaging, quite moving and ambrosial Romance. Just
    lovely -- what a "romance" those forty years must have
    been to produce these sentiments.

May I hope for you both another forty.

With applause,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Just lovely -- what a "romance" those forty years must have been to produce these sentiments. May I hope for you both another forty.
    With applause,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Then I would be 103 years old. Can I make that? They say "keep breathing", once in a while a drink, good quality cigar, MUSIC, being loved and not getting depressed by all "things goin' round in this world" ......... We'll see. Talk to you then again to remind you of this message.

Thanks,

Raymond

Go Back to forum