• Register
  • Help

Topic: GSIF for SB Live?

Share/Bookmark

GSIF for SB Live?

I read somewhere recently (but can\'t remember where) that Creative has developed GSIF drivers for XP.

Is this true?

I don\'t want to use it permanently, but I\'ve got an SB Live in the closet, and I want to troubleshoot my machine. Constant blue screens or audio lockup with the Gina 20, and I still can\'t figure out if it\'s the sound card or something else.

Re: GSIF for SB Live?

Originally posted by mitchb2:
    I read somewhere recently (but can\'t remember where) that Creative has developed GSIF drivers for XP.

Is this true?

I don\'t want to use it permanently, but I\'ve got an SB Live in the closet, and I want to troubleshoot my machine. Constant blue screens or audio lockup with the Gina 20, and I still can\'t figure out if it\'s the sound card or something else.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Have you found out if this is true yet about the GSIF Drivers for windows XP And the Soundblaster Soundcard?

please contact me at jonmatrix120@hotmail.com

Cheers

I don\'t know anything about Creative GSIF drivers, but you can use KX Project drivers. No problems with GSIF, ASIO, WDM.

http://kxproject.spb.ru
    - main site with last stable version - 5.10.0.3533b

http://www.driverheaven.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=67
    - forum you can download beta version 5.10.0.3534c there

Pro

I guess it\'s still just a rumor.

Anyway, I installed a Gina 24, and so far not a single glitch of any kind. Works flawlessly under XP. So far.

So far.

Maudio makes a very inexpensive gsif card called the revalution I believe for about $80-90, or the M audio Audiophile is about $150 Also Echo Mia or Mia Midi cards are in same price range. if you want a different option.

You can use your SB Live. Simply load up the Kx drivers referred to above. They turn your Creative soundcard into a powerhouse card. Inlcuding WDM, ASIO and GSIF drivers.

After a ton of problems with an Audiotrak card, I now run GigaStudio, Sonar, Kontakt and Kompakt with my old Audigy card.

The Kx drivers have given it a new lease on life.

robgb

Go Back to forum