• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    All,

    I wrote "The Brass Monkey" this morning. It's a brass ensemble work (two trumpets, two horns, two 'bones and a tuba) with a combination of GPO and JABB samples.

    It is aggressive.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    Great "Classical Brass Quintet" composition, Larry!
    I really enjoy it!

    Thanks,

    Long

  3. #3

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    That funky monkey!

    Fun and silly, I like it. I especially like how it changes up in the last minute or so -- there's a cool syncopated transition.

    You get a good sound out of the GPO brass too.

    chris.

  4. #4

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    Quote Originally Posted by LHong
    Great "Classical Brass Quintet" composition, Larry!
    I really enjoy it!

    Thanks,

    Long
    Thank you.

    It's not a quintet. There are two trumpets, two horns, two 'bones and one tuba. That would add up to a...uhhh...a septet.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    That funky monkey!

    Fun and silly, I like it. I especially like how it changes up in the last minute or so -- there's a cool syncopated transition.

    You get a good sound out of the GPO brass too.

    chris.
    Appreciate it, Mr. Chris. It was a fun write. Glad you liked it.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Thank you.

    It's not a quintet. There are two trumpets, two horns, two 'bones and one tuba. That would add up to a...uhhh...a septet.


    Larry
    Cool "septet", Larry!
    I remember Brass quintet can (usually) has 1st and 2nd trumpets?
    Anyway, I simply enjoy your works!

    Long

  7. #7

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    This is great, Larry.

    Really fun composition, and the GPO Brass is sounding nice too. I'm always glad to hear a Tuba so prominently used--doesn't seem to happen very often.

    You wrote it this morning? !!--

    You and a few other people put things up once in awhile with an intro about how you "whipped it up this morning" "threw it together this afternoon"--and I'm always astounded.

    I decided to challenge myself to see if I could come up with any kind of presentable recording that fast, and the results will be the next thing I post, when there's room for me again on the front page. I couldn't do it all in one day, but it's still the fastest I've ever worked--Stand by.

    "Brass Monkey"--I love it. Thanks, Larry--You always amaze me.

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  8. #8

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    Quote Originally Posted by LHong
    Cool "septet", Larry!
    I remember Brass quintet can (usually) has 1st and 2nd trumpets?
    Anyway, I simply enjoy your works!

    Long
    It's a pleasure to know that you like my work. Thank you.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    This is great, Larry.

    Really fun composition, and the GPO Brass is sounding nice too. I'm always glad to hear a Tuba so prominently used--doesn't seem to happen very often.

    You wrote it this morning? !!--

    You and a few other people put things up once in awhile with an intro about how you "whipped it up this morning" "threw it together this afternoon"--and I'm always astounded.

    I decided to challenge myself to see if I could come up with any kind of presentable recording that fast, and the results will be the next thing I post, when there's room for me again on the front page. I couldn't do it all in one day, but it's still the fastest I've ever worked--Stand by.

    "Brass Monkey"--I love it. Thanks, Larry--You always amaze me.

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

    You know what they say about cold weather and a brass monkey.

    I'm sure that your fastly-put-together music is just fine.

    Many thanks for listening, Brother Bowser.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "The Brass Monkey" (brass ensemble)

    This is a fun, happy little piece. I liked it. Can a tuba player really play that fast? I would think that he would need an oxygen tank when done with his/her part. A brass ensemble has a nice special sound to it.
    -Jay

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •