• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: VSPro - Pre-Release Sale ends this week!

Share/Bookmark

VSPro - Pre-Release Sale ends this week!

First of all, I'd like to thank you ALL for the unexpected success of the pre-release sale so far. You have made me even MORE busy than I already am!

We are almost completely finished, and hope to be sending all packages late this week. We are on schedule so far!

A couple of last minute notes...

First of all, a few more solo cello articulations have been added, so you'll be getting even MORE in the way of solo strings! These are vibrato, marcato, spiccato and no vibrato...just something to give you a different "color".

Also, we managed to squeeze out a quick VSP Concert Brass demo because so many have asked for it. Didn't have time to compose anything, so just did an Olympic cue mockup...nothing too exciting. More shall come once the packages get mailed out!

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/RubyOlympics.mp3

Re: VSPro - Pre-Release Sale ends this week!

Maybe I have a tin ear but I feel I managed to get a pretty good film music/tv music brass sound from the brass (not to mention strings, harp and flute) on this mock up of the current Dr. Who theme

Cut and paste url in your browser window

http://www.geocities.com/markytodd/WHO_Theme.mp3

(this was just Emerald being used, btw with a few Kontakt 2 library samples for the synth stuff)

I hope I can still catch the pre-release sale for VSPro!

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter
    First of all, I'd like to thank you ALL for the unexpected success of the pre-release sale so far. You have made me even MORE busy than I already am!

We are almost completely finished, and hope to be sending all packages late this week. We are on schedule so far!

A couple of last minute notes...

First of all, a few more solo cello articulations have been added, so you'll be getting even MORE in the way of solo strings! These are vibrato, marcato, spiccato and no vibrato...just something to give you a different "color".

Also, we managed to squeeze out a quick VSP Concert Brass demo because so many have asked for it. Didn't have time to compose anything, so just did an Olympic cue mockup...nothing too exciting. More shall come once the packages get mailed out!

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/RubyOlympics.mp3
    Non-vibrato cellos: You´re a star Kirk. Looking forward to put all these exciting bits and bytes on my harddisk.
    regards
    Raindog

Ive been enjoying exploring the Concert Strings the last few days. Just one impression I want to share is that the programming of articulations goes hand in hand with the documentation to make navigation MUCH more user friendly than in Emerald. (I personally think getting around the samples in Emerald was ok once you got the hang, but this is much better.)

Also, if youre not running a Core Duo Quad with 8G ram (or whatevers better than that!) and CPU usage is a concern, then the articulation combinations are laid out smartly to select the mimimum usage for different passages.

Great job!

Kirk

Congratulations on your early success. As a concert Strings, concert Brass and Emerald owner for Giga, I can only stand on the sidelines and cheer you on.

best,
    tony
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Put my order in for the pre-sale just this past minute, couldn't pass it up!

Thanks!

Ends this week? Bummer...gonna have to lose it as I wont get paid till one more week. That Gypsy Violin just killed me

Great! I've just purchased my copy of VSPro and am very excited about the idea of getting it as soon as possible. I've made a lot of jobs with Emerald and I'm sure that VSPro will give me even more creative options.

A thing for Kirk: Kirk, I've tried to e-mail you several times last weeks, to send you several demo pieces made with Emerald (K2 with scripting use), but my e-mails are rejected.

I'll try to upload these to my own website next days, and give advice here.
    You'll listen them at www.fingaro.com (sorry, but the web is only in spanish).

Kirk, are these samples completely dry? I know in your demo, there was a reverb knob - but are the samples actually dry or do they have some ambience themselves.

If so, can we hear them totally dry?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    Kirk, are these samples completely dry? I know in your demo, there was a reverb knob - but are the samples actually dry or do they have some ambience themselves.

If so, can we hear them totally dry?

Thanks!
    I can answer this. They do have some room ambience in them, not as much as i.e. EWQLSO but they are not as dry as VSL, which is what gives them their own sound.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast