• Register
  • Help

Topic: recording tips for a Falsetto voice

Share/Bookmark

recording tips for a Falsetto voice

Hi there !

I'm going to record tomorrow a sopranist voice ( falsetto ) , I have a digidesign MBOX2 as recorder and I also have 2 Shure BETA 58 A microphones for recording.

I heard dynamic microphones are not really good for studio recording, although i get decent results for vocals recording with a Beta 58A...

What do you think i should do to get the best of these microphones ? Should i record the lyrical singer with one microphone ( like a traditionnal vocal ) or should i record him with a couple of mics ( X-Y / AB etc... ) ?

I really want to get the best of these mics because I can't afford yet a static microphone. ( keep in mind this is not for a professionnal recording but more for personal use )

Thanks, ,)

John

Re: recording tips for a Falsetto voice

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter
    Hi there !

I'm going to record tomorrow a sopranist voice ( falsetto ) , I have a digidesign MBOX2 as recorder and I also have 2 Shure BETA 58 A microphones for recording.

I heard dynamic microphones are not really good for studio recording, although i get decent results for vocals recording with a Beta 58A...

What do you think i should do to get the best of these microphones ? Should i record the lyrical singer with one microphone ( like a traditionnal vocal ) or should i record him with a couple of mics ( X-Y / AB etc... ) ?

I really want to get the best of these mics because I can't afford yet a static microphone. ( keep in mind this is not for a professionnal recording but more for personal use )

Thanks, ,)

John
    Hi, Use one mic. Record in a room that's as acoustically dead as possible. If there are too many reflections in the recording it will mess up the reverb. One mic for vocal's, two for piano, and maybe guitar(I even prefer one for that). And 2 for ensembles in a good sounding hall.

Go Back to forum