• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Topic: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    Y'all,

    This is a rewrite and remix of my "Mallets Aforethought".

    Picture a large stage that is bare with the exception of two GPO concert marimbas on opposite sides.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    hehe, love the title, Larry, you crazed punster you.

    Nice! Your scene setting picture got me ready, and then I took a listen--loved it. WOw, those two musicians are spot-on in their synchronization!

    Another energetic and elegant Alexander piece. Thanks!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  3. #3

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    hehe, love the title, Larry, you crazed punster you.

    Nice! Your scene setting picture got me ready, and then I took a listen--loved it. WOw, those two musicians are spot-on in their synchronization!

    Another energetic and elegant Alexander piece. Thanks!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Simple, isn't it? Anybody can do it, can't they?

    Thanks for listening, Mr. Randy, you old actor, you.

    Regards,

    Larry

    Long live puns!
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    Very nice Larry!!

    I always enjoy listen to your music!


    All the best,
    Roberto

  5. #5

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Y'all,

    This is a rewrite and remix of my "Mallets Aforethought".

    Picture a large stage that is bare with the exception of two GPO concert marimbas on opposite sides.

    Regards,

    Larry
    This asks for two dancers in the middle!!!! Nice piece, Larry. Hey, folks now you witnessed why experimenting with instruments is SO of great value.

    Raymond

  6. #6

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    The melody seems to go perfectly with the marimbas. I liked it very much. Just a great sound.
    -Jay

  7. #7

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Very nice Larry!!

    I always enjoy listen to your music!


    All the best,
    Roberto
    As always, thank you for taking the time to listen, Rob.

    My best to you,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    This asks for two dancers in the middle!!!! Nice piece, Larry. Hey, folks now you witnessed why experimenting with instruments is SO of great value.

    Raymond
    Experimenting? I don't think that I did any of that, since I have written works for marimba in the past.

    Thanks for listening.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    The melody seems to go perfectly with the marimbas. I liked it very much. Just a great sound.
    -Jay
    It was one of those simple, thirty-minute writing jobs.

    Glad that you liked it. Thanks, Mr. Jay.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Mallets Aforethought" (rewrite and remix)

    As an ex-marimba player, I love this one.
    Reminds me of the stuff you normally hear from the UMass marimba ensemble.
    Nice rendering too.

    -Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson


Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •