• Register
  • Help

Topic: VI perform

Share/Bookmark

VI perform

Hi all,

Sorry to post it here, but I can't log on the VSL forum...
    So...my question is :

In the Vienna Instrument (I have the special Edition) is it possible on the same matrix having the dynamic controlled by 2 differents contollers.

For example, a matrix with 2 patches : cellos sustained an cellos staccatos. My goal is to control the dynamic of sutained cellos with the mod wheel, and control the dynamic of staccatos with the velocity of my keyboard.
    How to do this, because when velocity x-fade is on, it seems that it is applied on all patches of the matrix.

Thanks for your help,

Didier

Re: VI perform

I'm also curious to know if there is a way to do this. My solution so far isnt a very good one: open up a separate VI for the staccato samples and sequence them on a separate track. hmmph.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Didou
    Hi all,

Sorry to post it here, but I can't log on the VSL forum...
    So...my question is :

In the Vienna Instrument (I have the special Edition) is it possible on the same matrix having the dynamic controlled by 2 differents contollers.

For example, a matrix with 2 patches : cellos sustained an cellos staccatos. My goal is to control the dynamic of sutained cellos with the mod wheel, and control the dynamic of staccatos with the velocity of my keyboard.
    How to do this, because when velocity x-fade is on, it seems that it is applied on all patches of the matrix.

Thanks for your help,

Didier
    I've already replied on the VSL forum, but in any case the answer is simple. Set a controller to switch velocity xFade on and off. Switch on for legato/sustains and off for staccatos.

D

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for your help, ( I saw your answer on the vsl forum too)it works well.
    It would have been better if the use of controller should have been independant for each patches...The more we have, the more we want... ;-)

Thanks again ( and I must say congratulations to the VSL team, this VI is really a revolution !)

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for your help, ( I saw your answer on the vsl forum too)it works well.
    It would have been better if the use of controller should have been independant for each patches...The more we have, the more we want... ;-)
    I don't really see where the problem is with the current set-up (apart from the fact you have to use a controller, not a keyswitch). I originally thought that it would be, but I now have a controller lane set up just for using this feature. Please could you explain in more detail why it is not ideal for you, and I might be able to help.

D

Such a simple answer!

I agree with Daryl-- If a parameter such as x-fade was independent for each matrix in a preset, it would become quite a cumbersome setup process trying to get everything in order. It's probably more simple just to have such settings universally applied for each VI instance.

-Alex

In fact, ideal for me should have been this :

when selecting for example sustained patch, I should affect the mod wheel only on it to control dynamic, and the velocity only for the stac. In this way, I would not be obliged to desactivate mod wheel when I play stac. But perhaps is there any better way to do it...
    Don't know if I' m really clear in my explanation, on addition I'm new in using the VI ;-)...

In fact, ideal for me should have been this :

when selecting for example sustained patch, I should affect the mod wheel only on it to control dynamic, and the velocity only for the stac. In this way, I would not be obliged to desactivate mod wheel when I play stac. But perhaps is there any better way to do it...
    Don't know if I' m really clear in my explanation, on addition I'm new in using the VI ;-)...
    This would have been easy if one could use a keyswitch for xFade on and of, as you could probably have set the stacc keyswitch to switch xFade off as well. I see your point, but there are advantages in the current system, particularly if you want to fade up or down during the longer staccatos/portatos.

D

"I see your point, but there are advantages in the current system, particularly if you want to fade up or down during the longer staccatos/portatos."

...you're right, I forgot that.

Thanks again for your help Daryl

Go Back to forum