• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solo vs. sections

Share/Bookmark

Solo vs. sections

Are there only solo brass samples available or were entire sections (ie. horns, trumpets) sampled? Why wasn't each section sampled (like the strings were)?

Michael

Re: Solo vs. sections

We didn't include section brass or woodwinds because the London Symphony Orchestra doesn't feature it. We are intending to release kits of section brass and woodwinds at some point. Unless I'm mistaken, I think they have already been recorded.

I'm a little confused...what do you mean by the LSO doesn't feature it? I'm talking about samples where when you write a note on the French Horns staff, the sound of 4 or 6 horns is heard instead of one. Nevertheless, I will be thrilled when the sectional sounds are released!

thanks again for your time and help~

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH
    I'm a little confused...what do you mean by the LSO doesn't feature it? I'm talking about samples where when you write a note on the French Horns staff, the sound of 4 or 6 horns is heard instead of one. Nevertheless, I will be thrilled when the sectional sounds are released!

thanks again for your time and help~
    I'm sorry, I misspoke.

We chose solo over section for our bundled sounds because we wanted the user to be able to write brass and wind section parts that allowed for harmony, and other multi-part staves. Otherwise you could only write in unison for effective playback. The section sounds will give much more realistic unison playback. I hope that explains our position.

Go Back to forum