• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 Problems Upsetting

Share/Bookmark

K2 Problems Upsetting

Hi everyone

I'm pretty sad and upset. Since I downloaded and installed the new K2 version of GPO, none of my previous works play the way they used to. I must be very stupid, but all the controllers go crazy, the volume is completely out of control, using the legato feature makes dips in the volume etc....

Even when I start a new work, the legato feature plays havoc with the volume.

I did set all the options in the K2 to the correct settings, I'm wondering if I did something else completely wrong... I'm now considering uninstalling this thing and installing the older, completely functional GPO.

I use GPO as a VST in Overture4

If someone has any advice I would be most grateful, because I dread having to reinstall......
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Re: K2 Problems Upsetting

I am so sorry, LouisD--I've been following the problems you and other people are having with KP2, and have nothing but sympathy.

In the confusing myriad of posts that came up in the wake of KP2's release, one thing that was mentioned several times was the possibility and even the importance of keeping the old version of everything still on the computer, so that old projects would play--and so one could fall back to it if the new version wasn't working out.

Did you completely remove the old files so that the previous Kontact can't operate? I think you did--?

Not too long ago, Gary Garritan posted that the company's recommendation is that for now, other users Not take the upgrade, while they scramble to make heads and tails of it all, hopefully arrange for some bug fixes--Mainly, for a definitive How To to be posted as a "sticky."

I've long since grown very cautious of upgrades, and once again, taking the cautious route of waiting to see how things shake out seems to have been the best thing to do.

But in the meantime, I am very sorry to hear you're having such a terrible time.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

NOW ya tell me.

I tried Kontact 2 and I was starting to wonder if I had tried to download the wrong software or something! I'll probably have to reinstall, but I guess it could be worse.

My concern now is, when I buy Sibelius 5, will I have these problems? Kontact 2 is supposedly integrated into it.

Matt

I have the impression that it's working fine for a lot of people, Tom, but just look around the Forums and you'll see some real distress signals--And as I pointed out, the message from Gary G. that they're wanting users to wait until the smoke clears before doing the upgrade.

It's all the confusion of multiple folders, moving files, etc--that really needs to be spelled out simply in a sticky post. Lots of people both want and Need to keep the previous set up also on their computers--Like, anybody who ever created projects before the update which they would like to have load as they did before--There's confusion about how exactly to keep both old and new on the machine and both working.

I await the All's Clear! signal.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    I am so sorry, LouisD--I've been following the problems you and other people are having with KP2, and have nothing but sympathy.

In the confusing myriad of posts that came up in the wake of KP2's release, one thing that was mentioned several times was the possibility and even the importance of keeping the old version of everything still on the computer, so that old projects would play--and so one could fall back to it if the new version wasn't working out.

Did you completely remove the old files so that the previous Kontact can't operate? I think you did--?

Not too long ago, Gary Garritan posted that the company's recommendation is that for now, other users Not take the upgrade, while they scramble to make heads and tails of it all, hopefully arrange for some bug fixes--Mainly, for a definitive How To to be posted as a "sticky."

I've long since grown very cautious of upgrades, and once again, taking the cautious route of waiting to see how things shake out seems to have been the best thing to do.

But in the meantime, I am very sorry to hear you're having such a terrible time.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thanks Randy for the sympathetic ear..... I have to admit that within the frustration one tends to forget and overlook simple and sometimes obvious solutions. I read right at the beginning of the official release that Tom mentioned that one can simply switch between K1 and K2 by renaming the folders. Well, I've done that and I'm going to stick to the version that works. You are wise to have waited, I think this will be the my last lesson in UPDATES. I will never again install an update until it is thoroughly tested and completely working. I know, I say that to myself every time.... but this time is surely the last.... It is the human psycology, "if its an UPdate, then it MUST be better", but then it turns a fully working system into a mess....

Tom (prince of music), I'm glad it works with Finale, and yes, my STRAD also works fine, but it is only GPO that doesn't want to work in K2, at least not for me in OVE4....
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum