• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: On Golden Pond by Dave Grusin, midi edited/arranged with GPO K2

Share/Bookmark

On Golden Pond by Dave Grusin, midi edited/arranged with GPO K2

So yeah, this is the first time I've ever posted here although I've had the GPO software for a couple of years. I know this song is not an original song, but I was using a midi of it I found to try and edit/arrange it to fit with GPO, for practice if you will. Anyway, I want to start to compose my own songs, but I'm a perfectionist and want to get the expressions/dynamics down right first in GPO before I get into it. Please listen, and if you would, give me some constructive criticism on what I should do to make it sound better as far as dynamic/effects/expression/mixing is concerned. Thanks. This is a song written by Dave Grusin for an old movie called On Golden Pond.

http://www.box.net/shared/cb2etdr6xy

Edit: BTW, everything is GPO except the nylon guitar, which is Hypersonic.

Havax

Re: On Golden Pond by Dave Grusin, midi edited/arranged with GPO K2

The link doesn't work!

I'd really like to hear this as I have the original Dave Grusin recording that you are basing this on. Thanks.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Hmm, I guess I can't host it at yahoo briefcase. Well, I went ahead and threw it up on rapidshare, so here's the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37424720/On_Golden_Pond_GPO_K2.mp3.html

You have to scroll down, hit Free button, then scroll down again, type in the 3-4 Letter word in the box, then hit the download button next to it. Again, thanks for your criticism in advance. Enjoy.

I'd like to listen too, but I'm not jump thru any hoops to do so. You really need to upload this to a site where it just plays. No codes to type in, no downloading, nothing to sign up for, just click and play.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    I'd like to listen too, but I'm not jump thru any hoops to do so. You really need to upload this to a site where it just plays. No codes to type in, no downloading, nothing to sign up for, just click and play.

Jeff
    Well I certainly would not want to make you click your mouse more than three times, my friend. heheh. Anyone have any suggestions where I could host songs so you just click and it plays?

Thanks Gary! I'll pm Tony right now for the info. I appreciate the response.

Good deal, I'm glad you'll be using the generously provided Garritan MP3 page--because I'm looking forward to hearing this.

http://www.box.net is also a place a lot of us have discovered and been very happy with. Very simple, clean interface for both user and visitor. If you look at a lot of the posts here, you'll see that site being used.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Well, since I haven't got a pm back from Tony, I went ahead and signed up for an account at the box site. Hopefully this works.

http://www.box.net/shared/cb2etdr6xy

Really nice. I'll have to find my CD of this sone but it really sounds pretty much as I remembered it. Nice work with the mixing and mastering. I like it very much.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Yea! Very nice. Ya know, I for one, really like DG's approach to film music. I wish he'd do more. Now do 3 Days of the Condor for us.......

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast