• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase SX and GigaStudio on same PC - Crashes repeatedly! HELP...

Share/Bookmark

Cubase SX and GigaStudio on same PC - Crashes repeatedly! HELP...

OK, here\'s the deal:

I am trying to run both apps on one XP Pro machine and have not been successful.

Mainly, I want to use the MIDI sequencer in Cubase using the sounds from Giga to create my music. This has been working OK up until the point that I try to record the audio in Giga while the sequncer in Cubase plays. It will start but the second I click stop on the Transport bar in either app, BAM! Screem goes blank and I \'m off to a reboot.

Any suggestions? Here\'s my setup:

XP Pro
    XP2000 Processor
    ECS K7S5A Pro MB
    512 MB 2100 RAM
    Linksys NIC (Disabled)
    ATI 128 MB AGP video
    M-Audio Delta 66 (The very latest driver installed)
    Maxtor 30GB 7200 (System)
    Western Digital 30 GB 7200 (Audio)
    Cubase SX 1.06
    GigaStudio 160 v. 2.50.00

P.S. -

I did a clean install of XP and went thru step by step to disable or remove everything that the Tascam documentation on the nemesys website said to do to run a PC for Audio use. I had the correct ASIO settings in Cubase SX and the GSIF driver for my Delta 66 selected in GigaStudio. (Cubase was set to channels 1&2 and Giga was set to 3&4. *NOTE - I also tried this vice versa.)

If this is possible, what do I need to change? Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jeff

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Cubase SX and GigaStudio on same PC - Crashes repeatedly! HELP...

Sorry but I have to ask, you havent tried to physically run the output of your sound card (Giga) back in again (to Cubase) with cables have you?

I have SX and Giga running on anXP box - no problems.

BTW, everything is running through outputs 1 + 2 fpr me, I\'m using a Delta 44. In other words, any sound that SX or Giga makes, just gets piped out in stereo for monitoring the sound.

Thanks for chiming in...

No, I have not tried that.

How is your setup configured. Do you see any flaws with the way mine is setup?

PS - Having everything configured thru 1&2 goes against everything I have read in configuring the apps two work together, including Nemesys\' website.

And, I was having crashes that way as well.

I wonder if it\'s my motherboard?

Well your set up is almost identical to mine. One thing I noticed, you have version 2.50 of Giga, first thing I would do is upgrade to the 2.54 patch, that may well help.

When you record your sounds back into the sequencer are you soloing a track and using the rendering tool in Giga? (you dont have to solo it but I\'m trying to think of ways to cut down on potential problems)

In other words, render the file out of Giga first as a wav file, THEN import this wav file as an audio track into SX. Sorry if this is blatantly obvious.

Sorry as well for being so vague, yes I am soloing a cubase track then setting Giga up to start when the sequencer starts. It will start to record but then when I click ctop, it crashes.

You think the update will work? I just wanted to make sure my hardware setup was intact before I start installing patches.

Last night I tried to set the sequncer prioroty level higher and run MSG32 at HIGH in Task Manager.

Still no go. I\'m thinking that I need a dedicated machine gor Giga and use MIDI over LAN or something. What do think?

By the way, extended system specs:

Complete Specs:

Windows XP Pro (Standard PC configuration running as recommened by TASCAM for optimum Audio performance)
    XP 2000 CPU
    ECS K7S5A Pro MB (Chipset: Sis 735)
    512 MB 2100 DDR (Kingston, I think)
    128 MB AGP All in Wonder video card
    Linksys NIC (Disabled)
    Maxtor 30GB 7200 (System)
    Western Digital 30 GB 7200 (Audio)
    KODAK 32X CD-R
    Edirol USB 1x1 MIDI device
    CUBASE SX 1.06
    GigaStudio 160 2.50.00

That\'s it, no internet connection, no other apps, no nothing...

Thanks.

Go Back to forum