• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Faeries Among The Weeds (fourth attempt)

Share/Bookmark

Faeries Among The Weeds (fourth attempt)

Hey all, got another song for your listening pleasure and/or constructive criticism. Very similar in instrumentation to the last one but with a very different feeling... and a partial tutti. It's inspired by the music of Tchaikovski and O'Carolan (weird combination, eh?)

PREFERRED LINK
    (check out the background story for some insight as to how I wrote this ):
    http://www.ctgmusic.com/song.php?id=15203

EASY LINK:
    http://www.suspenlute.com/nepsus/Chris%20Plorán%20-%20Faeries%20Among%20The%20Weeds.mp3

Yes I know it's very simple.

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Re: Faeries Among The Weeds (fourth attempt)

you might wanna add a third influence to this piece - the esteemed Larry G. Alexander from right here on our forum

simple and happy-go-lucky - always refreshing - nice piece and really nice rendering!

josh

That's delightful, Mr. Chris. I like it. Yes, it's "simple", as you put it, but music doesn't have to be complex to be good. Way to go!

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    you might wanna add a third influence to this piece - the esteemed Larry G. Alexander from right here on our forum

josh
    Who? Why, that old dude couldn't write his way out of a paper bag.

L.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josh

simple and happy-go-lucky - always refreshing - nice piece and really nice rendering!

josh
    No way! Then it would have been something like:

Hi y'all.

This is my Fairy Windy Song.

I wrote it before breakfast this morning.

Regards,

C.
    PS, glad you liked it.
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    That's delightful, Mr. Chris. I like it. Yes, it's "simple", as you put it, but music doesn't have to be complex to be good. Way to go!

My best,

Larry
    I prefer both at the same time, but thank you very much for your compliment and timely reminder.

-Chris

Really cool! A very delightful piece. Very strong, catchy melodies! I can indeed hear the Tchaikovsky influence, especially with that celesta. I love the pizzicato bass there in the beginning. Great work!

This is my kind of music!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Nice. Very whimsical. It seems like, at some points, you could milk a little more attack out of your instruments; some passages seem to go for staccato but sound a little too legato. There's one point where the strings definitely sounded to me like they needed more bite (around the middle). Otherwise, I thought it was really good.

A very playful piece. I like it very much. I think it is well constructed. Thanks for posting.
    - Jay

Hi, suspenlute

This is great! Such a well done, un-cluttered arrangement of a spritely theme. Musical whimsy which only an ogre couldn't like.

I like your choice of graphic at the site also--That's one of the infamous fake Fairy photographs which hoodwinked Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Thanks so much for a delightful musical romp.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast