• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Suite Melody (Variations) GPO

Arrow Suite Melody (Variations) GPO

Well... I've been a little busy with my nose to the grindstone you could say. I've been working on a small piece trying to familarize myself with the GPO tools, and getting a better handle on them.

This is a very simple melodic piece using all GPO. I wanted to use "variations" of different instruments playing the melody without it sounding too repetative. I wanted to try something different so, I used "Reaper" to lay out my midi tracks on the virtual keyboard instead of using FL. For the final mixdown, I used "Reaper"(s) digital effects like the Reaverb, ReaEq and for spacial seperation, I completed the mixdown using Sonic Foundary Acid Pro. There are a few minor adjustments that need to be made I am sure but, I think the final result sounds pretty good.

The song is called "Suite Melody (Variations)"

Hope you like it.

Jaker "Shaver"

Last edited by shaver; 06-16-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Listing song title

Re: Suite Melody (Variations) GPO

which song?

There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Hi, Jaker

What a happy composition! It's full of light and fun and I really enjoyed hearing it.

Your GPO work is sounding very good, certainly doing your music justice.

Yaaah you!

Chris, Suspenlute--it's the third song from the bottom. You'll see the title Shaver listed, "Suite Melody (Variations)."

Randy B.

Great melodies and harmonies, I love it!

Something you could try for those string staccato notes is use the D2 keyswitch (D1 for cellos, D0 for double bass) with VAR 1 and VAR 2 turned up just a bit to reduce any machine gun effect.

I love your use of harp! And woodwinds too for that matter! Excellent writing, I'm always a fan of "simple melodic pieces"! This is wonderfully delightful and energetic!

I'll be looking forward to more of your work!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

While listening to to the composition I was reminded of the absolute joy and pleasure it is to be a part of this forum. Truly delightful piece.
    Samantha Penigar

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Well done, very nice. I like it!

My best,

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

More people should hear this--let's give it a boost.

On the Garritan MP3 page, third from the bottom, ""Suite Melody (Variations)."

Randy B.

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone. I'm still learning the "in's and out's" of GPO and composing. Glad those of you who gave it a listen, enjoyed it

Jaker "Shaver"

I enjoyed it too. The EQ was too fizzy for my tastes. But it's certainly more musically advanced than my own attempt #1!
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Jaker, nice work on this! Strong writing and orchestration;
    and overall, a fine job on the "sound and feel" and rendering.

The one suggestion I might make is take the interpretation
    of this with a little more leisure and sweep and flow. There's
    some fine work with line and melody in this, and to me, it
    would benefit by a less rushed presentation.

My best,

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast