• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Topic: Powder Clouds Float By

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Wink Powder Clouds Float By

    I feel bad about posting someone else's midi file so here is a little ditty I've written using the same JABB instruments called

    POWDER CLOUDS FLOAT BY

    This was a Saturday afternoon job using: Tenor Sax 4, Jazz Piano, Upright Bass 1, Acoustic Guitar, and Classic Jazz Drums.

    On Sunday morning I've added a little more variation on piano and re-mixed to bring the percussion forward in the mix. For those who didn't hear the first mix. This is better! aural exciter and vintage compression

    Ray
    Last edited by rayzalaf; 07-02-2007 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Sunday night sparkle

  2. #2

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    All I can say to your description is... LOL Actually I've been known to remix/cover someone else's tune and then use the same instrument/effect set to make one of my own, so that's not too unusual. I like what you've done with these instruments (more interesting than the "original" not written by you anyhow ) and I may just be hearing things but the "surround" effect sounds much more realistic and tolerable now so, it's good from all angles!

    -Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson


  3. #3
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    Ray,
    Nice Jazz band accompaniments (Sax and Piano/guitar).
    It seems that you must had funs with the Audioease’s Altiverb? Great Verb!

    I’m also impressed on your quick/well done composing and mixing…

    Thanks,

    Long

  4. #4

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    Nice, Ray, really nice. I like everything, but probably especially appreciate the way the Bass isn't over-blown and sits perfectly in the mix.

    And it's really fun to be hearing how versatile you are. Thanks for the new tune!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  5. #5
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    Quote Originally Posted by suspenlute
    All I can say to your description is... LOL Actually I've been known to remix/cover someone else's tune and then use the same instrument/effect set to make one of my own, so that's not too unusual. I like what you've done with these instruments (more interesting than the "original" not written by you anyhow ) and I may just be hearing things but the "surround" effect sounds much more realistic and tolerable now so, it's good from all angles!

    -Chris
    Chris,

    This production is quite dry and you're right it is more natural

    Ray

  6. #6
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    Quote Originally Posted by LHong
    Ray,
    Nice Jazz band accompaniments (Sax and Piano/guitar).
    It seems that you must had funs with the Audioease’s Altiverb? Great Verb!

    I’m also impressed on your quick/well done composing and mixing…

    Thanks,

    Long
    Long,

    Glad you liked this. I have re-mixed it so it has taken a little longer to be happy with. Another few hours.

    My Best

    Ray

  7. #7
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Nice, Ray, really nice. I like everything, but probably especially appreciate the way the Bass isn't over-blown and sits perfectly in the mix.

    And it's really fun to be hearing how versatile you are. Thanks for the new tune!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Randy,

    What a disappointment, so few words, I don't care if they're nice words, there are so few
    Versatile? - notes is notes - drums are round - find me a geetar - and tunes will abound

    Cheers

    Ray

  8. #8

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    "...What a disappointment, so few words..."

    Your piece almost rendered me speechless, Ray!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  9. #9

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    I enjoyed this quite a bit. Very fun stuff. Nice work on the saxes too... very realistic.

    Now somebody hand me a martini!
    - Jamie Kowalski

    All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

  10. #10
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Re: Powder Clouds Float By

    Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    I enjoyed this quite a bit. Very fun stuff. Nice work on the saxes too... very realistic.

    Now somebody hand me a martini!
    Jamie,

    Thanks for listening, I've got my Gin and Tonic with a twist of Lime
    The Tenor Sax 4 here in JABB seems easier to handle since changing to KP2. Gary said Tom tweaked the programming. I've started an album of tunes using this line up maybe with guest spots by Mr. Clarinet and Mr. Trumpet. It should keep me busy for a while.

    My Best

    Ray

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •