• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Accordion Samples With Bellows

Share/Bookmark

Accordion Samples With Bellows

Any decent accordion libs out there with nice bellows effects (swell). Most of the demos I've tried (PrecisionSound, SampleTekk PMI, a couple of VSTis) don't seem to have any 'swell' effects which to -me- is a deal-breaker. An accordion just doesn't sound real without the ability to breathe---both long swells and short rhythmic 'shakes'.

Anyone got anything like that?

THANKS!

---JC

Re: Accordion Samples With Bellows

Hello JC

Anthology Celtic Wind

Bellows expression
    In Concertina and Accordion you can switch between the 3 velocities via Mod-wheel, emulating the bellows with amazing results.

http://beladmedia.com/acw-demos.htm

Check out track 08. Tango Arrabalero

Very nice.

Didn't hear any shakes, but the swells were great.

Thanks. Anything else?

Thanks JC.
    Another important feature that you will have noticed is that there are optional keys and button noises with individual volume and frequency of appearing.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

I did? :wink:

..er... sure thing. I did. :mrgreen:

Is there any group buy or bundle thing with both vols. of Anthology: Winds? I dunno if the accordion alone is a closer, but I have to admit, en masse, between the various duduk, pipes and accordion it's -quite- a package.

I've played feadog stàn since childhood and I gotta admit the demo was a -mile- better than the 'instruments' <cough> <cough> I've heard in the past.

Thanks,

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    Thanks JC.
    Another important feature that you will have noticed is that there are optional keys and button noises with individual volume and frequency of appearing.

IMHO, CW is the best simulation of an accordion out there by miles. The thing is just amazing. Of course, one *could* get a bit more realism by picking up a frickin' real accordion- they are out there you know- and they have keyboards on them!

You're right.

I failed to mention that I -had- a cheap-o accordion and gave it a few years ago not realising how expensive they were. For some reason I just -assumed- that decent sample libs would be a dime a dozen---as with electric pianos. (You can pay a lot for a really nice one, but a serviceable lib, suitable for backgrounds is inexpensive. I'm sure people will argue with me about that.)

Obviously this ain't the case with accordions. Without the bellows, you got nothing.

I'm almost tempted to start checking pawn shops.

Thanks again,

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    IMHO, CW is the best simulation of an accordion out there by miles. The thing is just amazing. Of course, one *could* get a bit more realism by picking up a frickin' real accordion- they are out there you know- and they have keyboards on them!

A really good accordion is frighteningly expensive. That is one area where samples are a gift- you get access to really top of the line instruments. I think almost any average person not intimately acquainted with an accordion would be fooled by the sound of Tari's samples (that includes me- if I didn't know I'd never guess!) But anyone who actually plays an instrument can get really nit-picky about samples of it. CW is sure cheaper than any real accordion though, and like you say, you get a lot of other great sounds as well!

Thumbs up Re: Accordion Samples With Bellows

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk
    Hello JC

Anthology Celtic Wind

Bellows expression
    In Concertina and Accordion you can switch between the 3 velocities via Mod-wheel, emulating the bellows with amazing results.

http://beladmedia.com/acw-demos.htm

Check out track 08. Tango Arrabalero
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    A really good accordion is frighteningly expensive.
    No lie, Kemosabe. That's why I'm so pissed I let mine go. I had NO idea they had become 'valuable'. I got mine back in the early 80's when you couldn't -give- 'em away.

But tell me. Can you get decent shake effects with CW?

Thanks!

---JC

Go Back to forum