• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: kp2 and finale 2007c problems of course

Share/Bookmark

kp2 and finale 2007c problems of course

SO i upgraded to the Kontakt player 2 and I'm using Finale 2007c. KP2 installed just fine but of course I'm having trouble with Finale. I've copied the new KP2 dll into the FinaleVST directory.

My problem is when I load an instrument using the setup wizard I get a kontakt player 2 error dialog box that says "File was not found. Please check if library was installed correctly."

If I then load the instrument manually into KP2 it does load and playback but it doesn't recognize any of the keyswitches, pizz for example in a violin KS.

Is there a new version of the gpofullinstrument.txt file that I'm supposed to get or some other file that I'm missing?

I swear I've searched vigilantly through this forum and I just don't see my answer.

Oh, what a drag this is,
    Bill R

Re: kp2 and finale 2007c problems of course

I am having the same problem. KP2 works just fine with Sonar but I have the same problem as Bill R with Finale 2007c. Any help or advice appreciated.
    - Reber Clark

Hey Reber Clark,

I wonder if your problem is because you haven't copied the newer kontakt player vst dll from vst directory to your finalevst directory.

I wouldn't take my advice though, I'm just stumbling around.

My error is a little different. I can load the instruments manually but once I do they don't respond to the keyswitches. Also, I can't load the instruments via the setup wizard.

Thanks,

Bill

Hey WDR, My Finale folder contains the new KontaktPlayer2.dll (v. 2.1.1.5) and the gpo2instrument.txt file. I can't figure this one out. Any ideas appreciated! - Reber Clark

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark
    Hey WDR, My Finale folder contains the new KontaktPlayer2.dll (v. 2.1.1.5) and the gpo2instrument.txt file. I can't figure this one out. Any ideas appreciated! - Reber Clark
    KP2.1.1.5 is too old for GPO. When you updated to GPO KP2 you had (or should have, unless you omitted to install the VSTi) KontaktPlayer2.dll v2.2.2 installed somewhere. Copy this file to FinaleVST and restart Finale.

Quote Originally Posted by wdr99
    My error is a little different. I can load the instruments manually but once I do they don't respond to the keyswitches. Also, I can't load the instruments via the setup wizard.
    Do you load the instruments from "9. Notation"? You should use these in Finale.

To have the wizard load these instruments you need "gpofull2instrument.txt" in FinaleVST.

Hey Nickie - That seems to have done the trick! thanks!- Reber Clark

Hey Nickie,

Yeah, I don't have a gpofull2instrument.txt ....that's what I'm hoping to find. I have the gpofullinstrument.txt that we are to use with gpo 1. I also have a the gpo2 txt file that came with finale gpo. But not the gpofull2instrument.txt.

Where can this be found?

Thanks a heap,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Do you load the instruments from "9. Notation"? You should use these in Finale.

To have the wizard load these instruments you need "gpofull2instrument.txt" in FinaleVST.

Hey,

Thanks a lot Nickie. I'm actually working again, this is weird!

Thanks again to all you resourceful folks,
    Bill

Go Back to forum