• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO/JABB in Finale 07 Through FULL Kontakt 2.

Share/Bookmark

GPO/JABB in Finale 07 Through FULL Kontakt 2.

Presently I have my GPO and JABB set up in my Finale 2007 and am playing these files through the Kontakt 2 Player provided with GPO/JABB.

Now I would like to play my Finale 07 GPO/JABB files directly through the full Kontakt 2 rather than through the Kontakt 2 Player provided with GPO/JABB?

Can anyone here explain in easy (ish) steps how to do this, assuming it's possible.

I have also tried the Finale forums but no success yet.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: GPO/JABB in Finale 07 Through FULL Kontakt 2.

Sure, You will have to put a copy of the Kontakt2 dll file in the Finale VST folder. Navigate to where you have Kontakt2 installed on your computer (for me it's (C Programs Files/Native Instruments/Kontakt2. Open up the Kontakt2 folder and there is a folder named VST plugins. In it you will find the Kontakt2 dll file that you need to copy and paste into the FinaleVST folder. Then when you open Finale and select under MIDI "Play Finale through Native Instruments VST" and then "Native Instruments VST Setup" you should be able to select Kontakt2, which will load within Finale. Hope this helps, John

Thanks for your replies John and Tom.

I had already pasted the dll file into the Finale VST directory but when it didn't show in the Setup Wizard I thought it hadn't been recognised.

Well, at least it can be done and there is a workaround. This seems to be yet another bug. I'm not sure who is to blame, NI or MM

As a matter of interest, I tried the demo of Sibelius 5 which supports full VST. I just pasted the dll file into the VST folder and voila .. works beautifully instantly.

I know the Finale 2008 announcement is imminent and I shall be scrutinising it keenly. Full VST support will be high on my list.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Even if it comes with full VST support, I still don't think the full version of K2 will work in the setup window since the setup wizard needs to know what instruments are with a particular library
    A good point Tom and thanks for mentioning that.

I understand what you are saying although, personally, I would still love full VST support.

One more thing, I know that Finale can play either through MIDI or VST. Maybe we shall all be incredibly surprised to find that Finale 2008 not only supports full VST but it also has a Synth Rack so we can load anything that supports VST including VSC and the soon-to-be-announced GMIDI (assuming it supports VST - which I believe is a safe bet). Finale with full VST and a Synth Rack .. hmmmm .. dreaming maybe. I don't think it's going to happen. As one poster reminded us all, there are notation editors and there are sequencers even though the dividing line is ever decreasing.

Thanks again Tom for your detailed reply and for your help.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    ..... My only question about the full VSTi support, is I wonder if they signed some sort of deal with NI to get a break in using the Kontakt player for the included GPO. I hope not, but I could see that being the situation.

Well it's about time for a Finale 08 press release, so hopefully we'll know whats on the radar within a few weeks.

Tom
    I know, I also read this on the Make Music forums. This is a bit of a worry,

However, I have been trying detailed feature by feature comparisons with Fiunale 07 and the new Sib 5 non stop over the past week. Let's say I'm not about to change anything; Finale stays.

I've now contacted their Tech Support to request the updated HP. Let's see what happens; I've been following your threads on this so no need to repeat anything here. I'll chip in to your existing threads when I get their reply and, hopefully, the files.
    Michael

Go Back to forum