• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a GPO tutorial

Share/Bookmark

Is there a GPO tutorial

that is short but very detailed and will walk me through step by step from beggining to end and produce a short but realistic piece of music?
    Preferably using overture or Sibelius only or whatever else came with GPO?

That would be so helpful.

Re: Is there a GPO tutorial

Were any of the tutorials on the Garritan website what you were looking for?

http://www.garritan.com/tips_tutorials.html
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

I found the manual that comes with GPO to be very explanatory. In fact, it's all I needed to get things up and going. I took at a look at the online tips for using GPO in Sonar (the link Diligamus posted) and picked up a few more things.

But if you stop to read the manual, you should soon be making music.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by bnlsrv
    that is short but very detailed and will walk me through step by step from beggining to end and produce a short but realistic piece of music?
    Preferably using overture or Sibelius only or whatever else came with GPO?

That would be so helpful.
    bnlsrv,

There are many tutorials on our website as diligamus mentioned (over 50 of them). And, as Randy mentioned, there is a manual which can help.

The problem with a universal guide is that there are so many sequencers and notation programs that one guide cannot cover them all. Some people work in Finale, others Logic, some Cubase, Sonar, Sibelius, Overture, Digital Performer, Orion, ProTools, and the list goes on and on and on. So we have many tutorials that cover most major music applications. Then there are different versions.

We will be updating these tutorials as as begin transitioning to the Kontakt Player 2 so expect more tutorials to come.

You mentioned you use Sibelius. Here is a tutorial using Sibelius 3 - http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/GPO...3Tutorial.html
    Sibelius 4 integrated GPO Sibelius within Sibelius itelf. Sibelius 5 which comes out soon has hosting and GPO will be work on a whole new level. We will be working on new tutorials after this is released.

And this forum has the most knowledgable and helpful people to assist. I am always learning from them.

Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

You all are very kind to help with your advice. Just seems a little daunting, but I believe I just need to jump in and get the feet wet and take it from there.
    Thank you!
    Bill

Now you're talkin', Bill!

There's no place to start like the beginning. Ah, I'm so quotable.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum