• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone know of a good music lawer?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone know of a good music lawer?

Hi Forum!

We have recently had to quote on a few different projects that are considerably more involved in terms of copyright, royalties and ownership.

We might like to consult a lawer if one or two of these contracts come through.

Can anyone recommend one?

Cheers!

Paul
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Re: Anyone know of a good music lawer?

Start with the BMI or ASCAP websites. They have lots of useful information. Lawyers can cost you a lot (and they often don't return calls for a few weeks).
    D

The book, "The Plain and Simple Guide to Music Publishing: by Randall Wixen Foreword by Tom Petty" has a lot of good info and gives a basic overview of things to look for in contracts. It also mentions various phrases that need to be in contracts to insure proper royalty payments. It might give you an idea whether you need to go to the expense of a lawyer.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    Hi Forum!

We have recently had to quote on a few different projects that are considerably more involved in terms of copyright, royalties and ownership.

We might like to consult a lawer if one or two of these contracts come through.

Can anyone recommend one?

Cheers!

Paul
    Hi Paul.

I've got a friend that has been working with these kind of things for 15 years. Mail me and I put you two in contact. You can mail me at per@sampletekk.com
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Paul - Make sure any legal info you get is relevant in your country. You may need a UAE lawyer.

http://www.artistlawgroup.com/

virginie parant.

she is one awesome music lawyer.

and a human being. is that possible?

cheers

scott

btw - i sent you an email but didn't hear back. maybe it went to junk. so i am posting it here.

Go Back to forum