• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need tech to user translation

Share/Bookmark

Need tech to user translation

I've been trying to get Giga3 to work on a new
    Giga3 computer for 2.5 years without luck.

I am now clutching at straws. In the Systems Log Event Viewer I have two consisent Descriptions:

The system detected that the network adapter\DEVICE\TCPIP_(1C3B9807-7CC9-4D7A-8D66-OD318C62AEA1) was discontinued from the network, and the adapter's network configuration was released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drives.

The second prevailing message is the same with a different perenthesized number.

I have no clue what this means, much less where to find it or its drivers.

Does the message mean anything to you who can translate it?
    tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Re: Need tech to user translation

My first guess would be that these error messages have little to do with your Gigastudio problems as it wouldn't usually need any kind of network access. You're not mapping network drives are you? What are the symptoms of the Gigastudio issue? If you're seeing blue screens, what is the error message on the blue screen? Have you run memtest? http://www.memtest.org/

Hi fizbin,

Late response from me to finish a project. Thanks for looking. Nope, no networking of any kind. I don't use rewire or GVI.

The bluescreens come after I try anything concerning loading instruments, including looking through the sample drives to check the instruments loaded there. The blue screens most common are two:
    Bad pool header and IRQ not less or equal. They are the most reliable events to happen during the past two and half years and I have long ago stopped counting them.

The machine was built for Giga3 Orchestra and has produced blue screens, lost hard drives, and unable to retain GSP configurations from small -7 intstruments - to large, 44 instruments. But it has not allowed even one project to be completed.

Like this: I load six instruments as a gsp - all KH Emerald - 1st vi, 2nd vi,6 Vla,12Vcs and 6basses on port 2. Save. Close Giga. Open Giga. Select the six instruments gsp., the popup window shows instruments loading. pop up window closes. If instruments show, they show up in Port one, out of order and sometimes not complete. Sometimes they don't show up at all on any of the 8 ports.

It doesn't matter which library or instruments I use. The result is the same.

The computer has been built by a self-advertised TASCAM approved dealer, would not boot up correctly, lost the sample drive array, popped blue screens like a bag of popcorn and was sent back to him and returned, but behaved the same way. (TASCAM and that dealer had private discussions about whether that dealer was authorized or not) It was sent to an authorized TASCAM dealer through TASCAM (kindly arranged by johnny deleon) and rebuilt- and returned - with the same problems. Was sent back and rebuilt again - this time it boots up to Windows homepage regularly without Windows losing any of the hard drives on start up and rebooting. TASCAM support said, get rid of the RAID configuration and your problems will go away. But the same Giga problems are there. And the same blue screens. and the same loading difficulties. Two years later, I feel that the hardware was and is not an issue.

TASCAM support appears to be unable to determine and solve the problem. They have my Diagnostic and the pertinent history. Their response was to ask what blue screens I was getting and what problems I was having. My response was to please have someone read the information I gave them. Of course, I haven't heard from them since...

Only one time, Windows popped up a message indicating that something in Giga was cutting Windows off before it could collect all the information into memory. That was probably the most intelligent response I have had.

As for memory, every other application appears to run as expected. But I will run the mem test.

A bit longish answer, but it's a two and a half year summary. I'm going to make one more attempt, then I'm getting rid of Giga 3. Enough is too much.

Thank you for answering. You did answer the question, which was one of my final grasps for straws.

May your problems never get this way,
    tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Steve

Thanks for your input. Yeah, that's why the system was built from scratch the third time. It appears that the computer is working correctly. And none of the removed parts seem to have been the problem.

It's either move on to GVI or go to some other sampler.

Appreciate your taking the time to respond.

best,
    tony h
    tony h

You could try switching your soundcard to another PCI slot (ideally one where it doesn't share an IRQ with another device). A longshot (definitely), but easier than installing Windows from scratch.

Go Back to forum