• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I buy Kontakt Player 2?

Share/Bookmark

Can I buy Kontakt Player 2?

I have Halion3 and I'm using Logic 7, so I have virtual samplers, but I would like to get Kontakt Player2 for the "scripting" feature. Is it possible to buy it seperately? If so... where?

Re: Can I buy Kontakt Player 2?

I can't find it for sale on the net. Does this mean you can only get bundled with a particular library?

I believe that you canot buy Kontak 2 Player which only comes bundled with various manufacturer's samples.

You can buy Kontakt 2. There are several price points based on what you already own including:

- crossgrade
    - upgrade
    - academic
    - full

Charlie
    (day job)
    CEO, Cognetics Corporation

www.cognetics.com
    (night job)
    musician

Here you go.

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...?id=kontakt_us

Click on 'Choose location' > pick your country > click submit > then refresh page to get the price in your area or buy online.

It also comes with a free 15Gb sample library,it is a truely amazing UB sample player for all your libraries.

Dean.

This is the page I saw... It says that it will play any Kontakt 2 library...

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...taktplayer2_us

Looking at the page you linked to, I do not see a place where you can purchase the player without purchasing one of the 3rd party libraries.

Also, I believe (but am not sure) that you cannot access the scripting in Kontakt player.

I think you need the full Kontakt 2 to do what you want.

Charlie
    (day job)
    CEO, Cognetics Corporation

www.cognetics.com
    (night job)
    musician

Quote Originally Posted by mojamusic
    This is the page I saw... It says that it will play any Kontakt 2 library...

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...taktplayer2_us
    You misunderstand what they are saying.

The Kontakt Player 2 can not be purchased separately; it only comes as part of an associated sample library. The Kontakt Player 2 can only load and play other Kontakt Player 2 libraries, not any Kontakt 2 library.

The easiest way to understand the Kontakt Player 2 engine is to compare it to the older Kompakt-based libraries. Under the old "Kompakt system", each library has its own separate player interface (e.g. GPO player and interface separate from EWQLSO Gold interface). With the Kontakt Player 2 engine, all Kontakt Player 2 libraries you own are displayed within a single inteface.

If you look at the screen in the background of this picture, you can see a single Kontakt Player 2 interface showing Garritan Strad, Fixed Noise OTTO, VirSyn Acoustic Legends, Sample Logic AIR, and Chris Hein Guitars (5 libraries) along the left hand side.

It was a lot easier when they called it Kompakt.

Go Back to forum