• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KP2 won't launch

Share/Bookmark

KP2 won't launch

Well after Days and Days I finally got KP2 and my OLD GPO library to work simultaneously. KP2 doensn't even lauch, and is completely useless. I see the application in my native-instruments software folder, but it does nothing when I click on it! The technical support at native instruments has mysteriously stopped e-mailing me, and now I'm worried that I will have this problem when I upgrade to Sibelius 5 in a few days.

Has ANYONE got any ideas of what might be causing this?

Matt

Re: KP2 won't launch

Isn't the newest version still a plugin; ie needs to be opened within a sequencer? I'm still using the pre-KP2 version and other than the "GPO Studio" app, you can't open anything as a standalone. I'm just trying to determine what should happen (if anything) when you click on KP2 as you are doing.

I thought it was a standalone. The download calls it "Kontact 2 standalone application"

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S Phillips
    I thought it was a standalone. The download calls it "Kontact 2 standalone application"
    You get a stand alone as well as various plugins.

Are you sure it doesn't open somewhere outside the visible screen area? What does the Task Manager say?

Task Manager does absolutely nothing.

I went from V.1.1.8 to version 2.2.2. Should I try upgrading to 2.2.0 first?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S Phillips
    I went from V.1.1.8 to version 2.2.2. Should I try upgrading to 2.2.0 first?
    It depends on which KP libraries you have. KP2 comes with libraries, so the available versions are limited by your libraries. And you need a version, that supports all your KP2 libraries - they can't run on a version older than the version, they were created for. GPO KP2 f.ex. can't run on KP2.2.0.

Amidst the continuing drama of KP2 woes, I wanted to reply to something you said, Chester:

"...I'm still using the pre-KP2 version and other than the "GPO Studio" app, you can't open anything as a standalone..."

Actually the old KP1 has a stand-alone version. I have a direct link icon for it on my desk top. I don't know if you really need that, I've used mine only on very rare occasions, but wanted you to know that it Is available.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Can we straighten out a few things here?

KP2 comes with 3 VST plug-ins...

KontaktPlayer2.dll
    KontaktPlayer2_8out.dll
    KontaktPlayer2_16out.dll

These are the plug-ins that you would access through your host program.

KontaktPlayer2.exe is the stand-alone player

Is the above .exe what you double-clicked on when you said 'doesn't even launch'?
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

It is EXACTLY what I double clicked.

Now the How To has been updatded, and I don't even HAVE the folder I'm supposed to be moving the samples to. GPO KP2 Library? All I have is GPO Library.

This is the WORST upgrade experience of my life. I'm a hair's breath away from uninstalling it all and going back to GPO studio. (And asking for a refund on Sibelius 5 while I'm at it).

Matt

The "GPO KP2 Library" folder is what the "beta" 2.2.1 version did. The "Official" 2.2.2 release moved KP1 to "Kontak Player 1 backup" and put the KP2 library in "GPO Library"

Go Back to forum