• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: What do you want played at your funeral?

Share/Bookmark

What do you want played at your funeral?

I had this thought today listening to one of my favorite CD's... I'd like that track played at my funeral... (not that I'm in any rush you understand) I wondered what the rest of you have planned if anything. Adagio for Strings? Nessun Dorma? Van Morrison's "Into The Mystic"? Would love to hear your ideas.

FYI, the track I was listening to was Faure's Pavane from Greatest Hits of the 1900's, with Maureen McGovern singing the melody en vocalise. I have rarely heard such angelic, moving sounds in my years on this planet.

Re: What do you want played at your funeral?

Wow I never thought about that.

I'd quite like Rachmaninov's Vocalise - but played on Cello

or maybe Tavener's Protecting Veil , but I can't think of a good spot to split that, and I can't see the congregation sitting through all 40 minutes.

Lightbulb Re: What do you want played at your funeral?

Mozart's requiem is too ambitious?...

My own Requiem should be enough (I prepared the playback, so just a solo soprano singing live over recorded orchestra and choir should be)

"So Long, Farewell" from the hit classic The Sound of Music....
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

i'd like to write something for it
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Plano Fanfare, perhaps...

or a tune that I always have loved:
    a piece of T Albinoni called "Adagio"

"To One Far Away" by Mercyful Fate.
    I actually also hope to write something for that occasion but, since it's right after "fix leaking faucet" on my To Do List, I'm not holding my breath.

I used to have lots of ideas about this in high school but strangely hadn't thought about the topic again until now. Here are the first four things I thought of...

Falconer - "Hear Me Pray" (minus the last part that ties in the storyline)
    MercyMe - "Homesick"
    Peter Frampton - "Do You Feel Like We Do?"
    AC/DC - "Back In Black"

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

For a change.... two minutes of complete silence.

I was born during a bombardment (Nijmegen, and an tragical error by the "Alied Forces" , they thought it was a German town). So lots of noise around in Holland, even in Amsterdam a bomb fell some streets from my parents house. Thus, let me go in peace [ not in pieces!!! ] and silence. Easier to render, no reverbs, no tremolo's, no panning, etc. Isn't total silence not the best music ever?

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    For a change.... two minutes of complete silence.
    Raymond
    Not 4 minutes and 33 seconds ?
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Go Back to forum