• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: erhu for Gigastudio?

Share/Bookmark

erhu for Gigastudio?

I'm looking for a great and easy to use erhu, zhonghu, etc. for Gigastudio. Any advice? Thanks!

Re: erhu for Gigastudio?

there is an erhu in the RARE for Giga set that Sounds on Line has
    in their close out sale for a steal.

OMG thank you! Just bought it. That is insane. You saved me a lot of money.

Do you know if that is in Giga 2 ?

I would assume so but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

There's an Erhu in Ethno World 2 as well (also including a Jinghu, Chinese opera violin)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    I think EW2 is kind of hard to find - but all the stuff from EW1 and EW2 were wrapped into EW3.

I think Kong has a free mini-Ehru (and a mini-Dizi) instrument online - don't know how good it is.

And of course there's an Ehru in the more pricey Colossus and RA.

Someone should really come out with a specifically Far East instrument collection library/player - something with quality. The BS and EWQL stuff is only a small step beyond the AKAI stuff AFAIC - and a lot of instruments aren't even covered (there are a lot more flutes used traditionally in Japan than just a shakuhachi.)

Stephen
    The Kong instruments are great - I have the Dizi and the GuZheng, both of which have more articulations than you can shake a stick at, and sound fantastic. I've used the free Mini-Erhu in a project, and it seemed reasonably playable, and very expressive - I don't know how this would work out when you add all the articulations of the full version.

Kong Studios has the best Erhu it's even more expressive then RA
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

But Rare for $19.95!!!!! My EW erhu is nice, but there's always room for another player. I could have used this lib last year, but I'm glad I waited.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    But Rare for $19.95!!!!! My EW erhu is nice, but there's always room for another player. I could have used this lib last year, but I'm glad I waited.
    Is Rare not the same as your EW erhu? I was under the impression that RA contained everything that had been in Rare and then some..

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    Hadn't visited the Kong site in a while - definitely going to lay down some money come payday - the NanXiao and the Guzheng for sure.

(The NanXiao became the Japanese shakuhachi and the Guzheng became the Japanese Koto for those not yet enmeshed in the Eastern instruments.)

Don't mean to sound like an advertisement - but these sound absolutely a hundred years ahead of RA and EW and they are very affordable.

Stephen
    They sound great!
    And the free ones are pretty cool also.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast