• Register
  • Help

Topic: Volume controller with full GPO and Finale2007?

Share/Bookmark

Volume controller with full GPO and Finale2007?

I can't seem to get the volume controller (ie the modulation wheel) to work when I play my Finale-files with full GPO in Kontakt 2(full). What have I missed? I think this may have something to do with controller cc#1 (or maybe cc#7) but this is not my area of expertise...

Btw, I use the Notation instruments in GPO. And Human Playback in Finale.
    (I have used Finale with GPO Finale vers. and Kontakt Player 2 previous and this works fine.)

Albert

Re: Volume controller with full GPO and Finale2007?

Finale HP does not recognize GPO or any other library in K2 per se. You have to edit the HP Techniques to make it happen.

I am afraid I cannot help you right now, since I haven't yet gotten everything reinstalled after my PC died.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Finale HP does not recognize GPO or any other library in K2 per se. You have to edit the HP Techniques to make it happen.
    ahh....

This was actually the reason why I bought GPO instead of VSL. I couldn't get the Finale HP prefs to work well with the VSL library that comes with Kontakt2. Now your'e telling me I have to tweak the HP prefs to get GPO working? Bugger... This never ends...

thanks anyway (forgive my ranting)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    NO... you just need the updated human playback files, and then just turn human playback on. It's automatically set up to work with GPO.
    Where do I find this updated HP file? Is it available as a download? Or do I have to contact Tech support? Does this work on Mac?

(I'm very sorry if this issue has been discussed a lot before. I have searched this forum (and Makemusic's) the last two days and not been able to find a solution.)

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Schnelzer
    Now your'e telling me I have to tweak the HP prefs to get GPO working?
    It depends. If you use GPO with KP2 and the new beta HP, posted by Robert, tweaking should not be necessary (if the new HP works as intended). If you use it with K2, on the other hand, I don't expect the new HP to support K2, although it would be very nice (hint, hint, Robert), and in this case tweaking will be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    If you use it with K2, on the other hand, I don't expect the new HP to support K2, ..., and in this case tweaking will be necessary.
    Thanks for the info Nickie. My situation is this: I have to use K2 (full) with Finale because I need to extend some of the instrument ranges (that are too limited, strings for example) to get accurate playback of my orchestral scores. This was the main reason I bought Kontakt2.

I bought GPO because I need a full setup of orchestral instruments, and I wanted a library that would work together with Finale/HP.

Could you help me with this "tweaking" bit? What exactly needs to be "tweaked"?

Tom:
    I have read all the other Finale/HP threads. I'm not sure if downloading the new HP prefs will work for me since I have to use K2(full).

Go Back to forum