• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Finest Classical Hip Hop

Finest Classical Hip Hop

Having not finished anything else, instead made something new.
    Spontanoeus layered stuff together without any plan in minds. Due the lack of any existing musical experience. (Please Music-teachers, what would you say about the speed or anything ? Could someone re-create that piece ?)
    Please Hear until the end, because the change should come very unexpected, as probably everything does *laugh*

*Important* All instruments are used from another soundbank !
    Though, all possible are doubled with GPO...

musical senseless expression

-various string and orchestra instruments (doubled with GPO's)
    -Kora (African Plucked Instrument)
    -Djembe Drums
    -Kick, Snare, Tics and Hits

Re: Finest Classical Hip Hop

Your link requires us to DOWNLOAD the file. Due to the proliferation of viruses and other bad things on the internet, I'm not going to do that, expecially since you are unknown to us. See if you can set it up to automatically stream without having to download it.

Larry G. Alexander

what is this?

I had a impression that I was at a floor in a musicscool and all doors of all rooms were open and I heared all pupils practice on its instruments.

Excuse my humor, please. Is this a new musicstyle?
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Buddha's perfection would not be lessened by some knowledge of music.

What I admire the most are the subtle variations of melodic and rhythmic explorations gift wrapped for the listener in a sarcastic, connect-the-dot, and, "i eat my crayons", lunch box.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

I dont know what it is but let us all have a laugh about it

Thats what my music is: its always like this. But nobody can do it like this, had to say this once, i believe at least.

Mostly drifting off the basic ideas when stiching things together.
    Would like to hear tips to avoid. Whats the best way to bring out a idea ? To a sequenced track. Extending an idea.. Getting a order to get it clearly done, without "getting in the wrong direction" or drifting the basic style !

Is there any general info about different musical-styles ?? i
    'Rock' has its "basic sheme" that defines it as "rock", as every other style does. (Should have) Ok, I hear this (every) kind of music, everyday. But still i cannot explain all the different styles out there. I think alot cannot. Thats what the magic about the music is.
    The other question: Is there any common way to bring specifiv instruments together to give it the right feel ? i mean: I have something made with violin that sounds rather sad, how do i choose the right instrument to make it more sad ? Is there any practical definition. I would like to clearly put the instruments in different groups, having like a "picture" of them in my head helping getting the right for a specific situation.
    Or a perfect declaration that describes the full character of each one.. Something like... experience... but without

Lets collect some words and putting them all in a big thread, helping peoples getting some inspiration. ...Heres my start: Gracious, magnifique

Edit: Refined my question: What are the possible changes/orders in a musical-piece ? Ascending and extending a melody with different instruments, getting it thicker and thicker until it explodes.. A Breakdown to silence or quiet passage.. having it in pulses.. something like that.. Well, the question should be clear: How are different parts handled, specified, named ?

OK, how about discipline?

Here is a great on-line resource that I use:

1. Learn to develop themes, understand their basic structure and use of techniques to expand them.
    2. Sometimes it's OK to go into a different direction while composing but always try to remind the listener where they are by repeating past themes.

For your instrument/orchestration concerns I would go to:
    Garritan Interactive PRINCIPLES OF ORCHESTRATION by Rimsky-Korsakov

Please don't be discouraged. It all takes time; but the journey can be exciting and well worth it in the end. If I can help anymore please ask a specific question. I will do the best I can.

PS And sometimes I even pray before I compose!

"...But nobody can do it like this..."

Ever hear the one about monkeys let loose with typewriters? After flailing away at the keys for centuries, they eventually come up with Shakespeare, but it literally takes eons of typing for them to get there.

Randy B.

Ok Thanks, i will get some discipline (i hope i find some) It has to be done ..
    Taking one tutorial after the other. Maybe i should then post something little, to get some comments before moving to something else..
    Uuuh discipline.. i dont like it...
    Music is sciene ...thats just what i dont like about it.. but its true ! Its like putting hard mathematical shapes together.

The best i ever heard: "Music - mathematics of feelings"

Discipline is only one part of the process. You also should have a part of creativity and imagination; which i believe you do! You may want to focus a bit more. Also, trust your instinct on your own music. Asking for help and guidance is one thing but always stay true to your own voice.
    Being able to write for the orchestra takes an orchestra of traits and abilities as complex as the orchestra itself. Discipline, creativity, imagination, knowledge, and confidence are only a few parts.
    Also don't bore yourself with constantly doing the tutorials; combine it with writing excesses or posting some new ideas in here for review. I didn't like Discipline either until i realized what a HUGE different a little musical theory can make on a piece of music. Everything I post in here is revision.
    Yes, music is part science and math but also entangable emotional expression that can be very rewarding. It's is also a search; you need to take time to find your voice among all these complexities; then your confidence and determination will grow.
    Well, this is just my 2 cents ... I think I've rambled a bit.

Hope this helps a bit.

PS also take a listen around and ask question on things you like about other peoples compositions. I would start with Sosnowski, KOWALSKI, and, Bowser ...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast