• Register
  • Help

Topic: vinyl noise

Share/Bookmark

vinyl noise

Hi, I have a client who wants the sound of a record spinning (pops & scratches) in the background of one of his songs, Is there somewhere I can get a sample of this? Preferably free.

Re: vinyl noise

Quote Originally Posted by Collin
    Hi, I have a client who wants the sound of a record spinning (pops & scratches) in the background of one of his songs, Is there somewhere I can get a sample of this? Preferably free.
    Google 'izotope vinyl'

I believe this is what you're looking for.

RP

Nice, Robert P!

I was ready to reply with a freebie VST vinyl simulator I've had awhile and used, but this one from Izotope looks more sophisticated. I've downloaded it and look forward to testing it out. Thanks!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

heh heh ... all this effort to deliver 24/96 quality ... and it turns out that for REAL pleasure you have to add back the hiss and scratches!
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

I'm back to say that I've tried this plug-in, and it's Great! Much better than the one I already had. Plenty of variety available, with MIDI control, very good samples to play with etc.

I'm not sure I'll ever Need it--but it's nice to have!--Actually, I Did need to do an old record effect for a theatre sound cue once, and for that I superimposed samples I made myself from an old record (the blank space before music starts) and it was totally convincing, but obviously that's a lot more work than using a plug-in.

Nice find!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I remember years ago when producers first started using the needle drop/scratchy record stuff. I laughed when a good friend told me he returned an Erykah Badu cd and got a new one and told the clerk that the cd was scratched, only to get home with another scratchy sounding cd.

I get that sound for free and quite unwanted in Finale from time to time.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Go Back to forum