• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Kontakt update for nonIntel folks

Share/Bookmark

GPO Kontakt update for nonIntel folks

Hi,

For those of us with pre-Intel macs, do you know when the Kontakt Player update for GPO will be coming? From what I read, it seems it isn't even on anyone's radar.

Those of us who use Finale 2007 (which uses a version of the updated player for GPO) but who have the full GPO have to go back and forth between two versions of the player -- confusing to my students, and kind of a pain. The old player is also more than a bit of a memory and processor hog. It sure would be nice to get an update. We've not seen one since 1.1.8.3, posted two years ago!

Gary -- any comment on the timing of this? Or the state of it? Or is it just dead for the time, while you turn from the Intel update to getting the Concert and Marching Band released?

Any information would be most welcome,

Thanks,

David Froom

Re: GPO Kontakt update for nonIntel folks

You can download it now. There are still a few quirks and the install can be a nightmare which is why Garritan doesn't recommend it unless you really need it. But if you're pretty computer literate and don't mind digging and fixing some oddities that might crop up, you might want to try it.

Re: GPO Kontakt update for nonIntel folks

Quote Originally Posted by dfroom
    Hi,

For those of us with pre-Intel macs, do you know when the Kontakt Player update for GPO will be coming? From what I read, it seems it isn't even on anyone's radar.

Those of us who use Finale 2007 (which uses a version of the updated player for GPO) but who have the full GPO have to go back and forth between two versions of the player -- confusing to my students, and kind of a pain. The old player is also more than a bit of a memory and processor hog. It sure would be nice to get an update. We've not seen one since 1.1.8.3, posted two years ago!

Gary -- any comment on the timing of this? Or the state of it? Or is it just dead for the time, while you turn from the Intel update to getting the Concert and Marching Band released?

Any information would be most welcome,

Thanks,

David Froom
    David,

For the time being, MakeMusic is not recommending installing the update if it's going to be used with Finale. And as Craig has stated, even Garritan has stated not to install the update until everything's worked out. The GPO Finale edition and full GPO vsn. 1 both work with Finale 2007 now. MM has stated that they will be releasing an update to 2007 at some poit in the future which will fix any compatibility problems. I'd suggest waiting for that update, it'll be much less frustrating that trying to use the update and have things not work correctly.

Jeff

Go Back to forum