• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How do you install VS Pro Fix ?

Share/Bookmark

How do you install VS Pro Fix ?

I just download VS Pro Fix .After opening the Zip folder I see all the files and have no idea what goes wear .I hate guessing at what to do .If Mr Hunter is around or someone that knows how to do this please let me know.I need someone to walk me through it. Thanks

Re: How do you install VS Pro Fix ?

There is a Readme file within the zip which gives you the instructions.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Unfortunately it's still a giant pain in the äss for something that really should've been caught in a basic verification pass before releasing something this significant. I'm sorry to say that a lot of aspects of the release seem rushed.

- Chris
    Intel E6600, 4 GB RAM, WinXP Pro, M-Audio Audiophile 192, Cubase 4.5.1, GVI 3.64, Kontakt 3.0.2

I am afraid I have to say that seems to be normal for sample libraries from Kirk. I've been there since the 1st release of Emerald and history repeated itself every time since then.

He is a great guy, creates adorable instrument libraries at sensational prices but all this creative genius seems to come with a price: His work style is kinda "individual".

I hope you will get things fixed soon, those instruments sound fantastic.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

I found the read- me file and have to say I am very upset about this .I still have no real idea what goes where. Mr Hunter I thank you for your efforts however I am requesting a new set of files that are in folders specific to each instrument.I have paid for a product and do not feel that I am responsible to fix your product.You may see this fix as a simple mater however I am a musician not some kind of tech guy to me it is very confusing .I thank you for your help in this mater and hope to hear from you soon.

I will also send this to Mr. Hunters E-mail directly.

Quote Originally Posted by music man
    I found the read- me file and have to say I am very upset about this .I still have no real idea what goes where. Mr Hunter I thank you for your efforts however I am requesting a new set of files that are in folders specific to each instrument.I have paid for a product and do not feel that I am responsible to fix your product.You may see this fix as a simple mater however I am a musician not some kind of tech guy to me it is very confusing .I thank you for your help in this mater and hope to hear from you soon.

I will also send this to Mr. Hunters E-mail directly.
    I definitely LOVE people with this "I have paid for this" attitude. It´s not a major effort -although it could be more comfortable- to replace the files for someone who has minor abilities to read (even most musicians can do this). Even I managed to fix the files and remember: many developers need > 6 month to fix things in the first place so this was a quick and friendly fix.

Maybe this comment is too harshbut I find your tone a bit "individual" .......but maybe you had a bad day.
    Regards
    Raindog

BTW: If you´re a musician learn to play the violin. Only technicians like me use samples
    Regards

My apologies, I did come across very harsh.Thank you raindog for pointing this out.Thank you Mr. Hunter for your fix. I must keep things in perspective.I should not have tried this on the day I quit smoking . I think I am turning into a monster .I am not thinking straight. Just frustrated at the moment.

My apologies, I did come across very harsh.Thank you raindog for pointing this out.Thank you Mr. Hunter for your fix. I must keep things in perspective.I should not have tried this on the day I quit smoking . I think I am turning into a monster .I am not thinking straight. Just frustrated at the moment.

Welcome to the non-smoking world.
    And remember, as long as your hands are busy shuffling files from one place to another they can´t light a cigarette

Have fun with the library. I haven´t found the time to dive too deeply into it but it will be a lot of fun with all the controllable articulations.
    Regards
    Raindog

Stay with it and I'm sure you'll be happy once you're setup and rocking ;-)

Good luck with the quitting. I've been clean of cigs for over 8 months now and I have about 5,000x the energy I had when smoking. Not to mention nice breath and the ability to sing again. If people get impatient with your withdrawal symptoms, just avoid them until you're better.
    Power up!!!

[...]I quit smoking[....]
    Hold to your decision; I congratulate you.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Go Back to forum