• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Fantastic Concert

Share/Bookmark

OT: Fantastic Concert

Sorry about the blatant OT, but I had a great night last night. I went to see the Halle orchestra with Carl Davis, doing a night entirely of film music. Nearly everything they played came straight from my list of favourites - we got Star Wars, Spiderman, Jaws, LOTR, Harry Potter, Schindler's List, Titanic, Out of Africa, etc.

Not only that, but it was the first time I've managed a date with my wife in months. She works evenings and I work days, and we can't normally get a babysitter at the weekend. So for everything to come together and for it to be a concert of film music was just great. The only cloud on the horizon was that I was supervising a coachful of highschool kids, but even that couldn't ruin things.

Sorry, I just had to jump up and down with excitement a bit...

Re: OT: Fantastic Concert

Ah, that sounds awesome, I'm quite envious!!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Oh Great mate!

Glad you had such a great time out (plus a date alone with your wife after such a long time, which is something I can really appreciate).

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I went to see the Halle orchestra with Carl Davis, doing a night entirely of film music. Nearly everything they played came straight from my list of favourites - we got Star Wars, Spiderman, Jaws, LOTR, Harry Potter, Schindler's List, Titanic, Out of Africa, etc.

Sounds great Pingu. Were was the performance?

Glad you had a good time.

Regards, Graham

Go Back to forum