• Register
  • Help

Topic: Multiple Kontakt Players necessary?

Multiple Kontakt Players necessary?

Hi, I've been trying to understand how to use GPO with Garageband (and hopefully a better sequencer in the future) but there's one thing that I'm still a bit confused about. Lets say that I wanted to mock up a piece for string quartet that I've written and I open up 4 software instrument tracks in Garageband (one for each instrument of course). What I have then tried to do is open up just one instance of the Kontakt player (in the first software instrument track in Garageband, not a standalone instance) in which I have all 4 solo string instruments loaded. I then have set the Kontakt player as the "Generator" for the other three tracks. What I can't figure out is how to route each software instrument to the correct track. I can only get the first software instrument track to react to the first instrument loaded. Now if I load a separate Kontakt player for each track, it works fine, but that doesn't seem to be the best (or least memory-intensive) option. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Go Back to forum