• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: holy smokes! Sibelius 5 is Garritan City!

Share/Bookmark

holy smokes! Sibelius 5 is Garritan City!

Tons of awesome Garritan stuff included in the new Sibelius 5! What awesome connections to be making!

Kind of a shame I might need to spend the $50 to upgrade my GPO for easier Sibelius integration (if that's still even necessary) but it looks AWESOME!

Better than Finale!

Way to go, Gary!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Re: holy smokes! Sibelius 5 is Garritan City!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMax
    Better than Finale!
    Interesting.

I've been trialling Sib 5 alongside Finale 07 since the new version was available and I disagree. I find Finale to be better.

Each to his own.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Kind of a shame I might need to spend the $50 to upgrade my GPO for easier Sibelius integration (if that's still even necessary) but it looks AWESOME!
    Nope, works out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    Nope, works out of the box.
    That's a nice change. You used to need to buy the special upgrade for simple integration - or is it that the new version uses VST instruments and you're using GPO that way?

...or has GPO finally been upgraded to Kontakt2 and integrates with both Finale AND Sibelius the same way? The K2 engine...

...but it's so cool to see examples from about 4 or 5 Garritan libraries included in Sibelius5! That's major advertising power, not to mention I'm sure Gary got $rewarded for making GPO stuff available to them!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Not only Sibelius 5, but Finale 2008 is Garritan City too!

http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/fe...an_sounds.aspx

Finale 2008 not only has Garritan Personal Orchestra sounds, but has Jazz Big Band, Marching Band, World Instruments, and Choir sounds. So incredibly cool!!

[quote=BlueMax]That's a nice change. You used to need to buy the special upgrade for simple integration - or is it that the new version uses VST instruments and you're using GPO that way?
    quote]

Yes, that's it. There no longer is a need for a special Sibelius version of any of the libraries. Sibelius 5 now supports all VST instruments, Garritan and otherwise. This is a huge upgrade feature.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

That's a nice change. You used to need to buy the special upgrade for simple integration - or is it that the new version uses VST instruments and you're using GPO that way?

...or has GPO finally been upgraded to Kontakt2 and integrates with both Finale AND Sibelius the same way? The K2 engine...
    GPO has been upgraded and optimized. Soundsets have to be specifically programmed to work optimally for both Finale and Sibelius. Moreover, Sibelius and Finale must also write soundsets for supported libraries to be loaded automatically, switch to the various techniques and integrate with their features..

...but it's so cool to see examples from about 4 or 5 Garritan libraries included in Sibelius5! That's major advertising power, not to mention I'm sure Gary got $rewarded for making GPO stuff available to them!
    It is cool for users to have the available of a wide variety of sounds. I am looking forward to hearing all the terrific music that will be made with these soundsets.

Gary Garritan

Gary,

While I am a committed (okay, make fun of the word...) Sibelius user, I am delighted that you partner with Finale as well. The last few years have seen the competition between the two really heat up ( and Overture, if the Mac version ever comes to fruition), and that has benefitted us consumers greatly. I'm glad you can be neutral/available for both programs, as it makes you more visible and usuable, and it allows us to have choices. Here is a case where competition really does make for better products!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by bbybeaniej
    Not only Sibelius 5, but Finale 2008 is Garritan City too!

http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/fe...an_sounds.aspx

Finale 2008 not only has Garritan Personal Orchestra sounds, but has Jazz Big Band, Marching Band, World Instruments, and Choir sounds. So incredibly cool!!
    geez - that list of instruments is more than GPO. it might be worth getting finale just for the sounds. also, i didn't realize that notation programs came with sounds. can the sounds only play in whatever program they came?
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    can the sounds only play in whatever program they came?
    I don't know about Sibelius, but GPO Finale Edition can only be used with Finale.

Go Back to forum