• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Cinematic Cue - Feedback Desired

Share/Bookmark

New Cinematic Cue - Feedback Desired

Hey all,

Here is a new cinematic cue. I'd appreciate any comments and criticism.

Sorry, for now it is only available streaming at soundclick.

Thanks!

Re: New Cinematic Cue - Feedback Desired

Stephen, thanks for you comments. I really appreciate them.

This is mostly Gold+XP, and I added a touch of convolution reverb to the enitre orchestra. I will revisit the mix and single out the upper strings to get a better balance.

There are also brief cameos from Bela D's Lyrical Distortion and Sampletekk's Black Grand.

Again, thanks for listening and your comments/recommendations. They are a big help.

Just got the chance to listen .This seemed to be a very nice piece but I could hardly hear it .Even with my speakers all the way up.I would like to listen again if you could check the volume on the mix.There seems to be alot of intresting things going on .Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by music man
    Just got the chance to listen .This seemed to be a very nice piece but I could hardly hear it .Even with my speakers all the way up.I would like to listen again if you could check the volume on the mix.There seems to be alot of intresting things going on .Best of luck
    Thanks for giving it a listen. I don't think there's a problem with the mix's volume. With the soundclick player's volume at max, my computers main volume at a mid-level, and my speakers at normal level, this plays back at the appropriate level. Did you have soundclick and your PC volume set similar to me as well?

I don't think I could really boost the mix. In fact, I need to drop the whole thing a touch, as one point has slight clipping.

If you could give another listen I'd appreciate it. The more critique the better, so that I'll do better the next time.

Thanks!

I just went to my studio and checked it through my board .The volume level shows me it is about 30% less of what I normally hear in a pro mix. The volume on the soundclick player is all the way up.I have a feeling my ardvark card is not performing as it should. I checked this on two different systems.If you are starting to get clipping I would have to say your mix is loud enough.As for the music I like the syncopation you are doing at about 2.10 and how the instruments interact.I can't think of anything that I would change.Keep on going
    nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by music man
    I just went to my studio and checked it through my board .The volume level shows me it is about 30% less of what I normally hear in a pro mix. The volume on the soundclick player is all the way up.I have a feeling my ardvark card is not performing as it should. I checked this on two different systems.If you are starting to get clipping I would have to say your mix is loud enough.As for the music I like the syncopation you are doing at about 2.10 and how the instruments interact.I can't think of anything that I would change.Keep on going
    nice job.
    That sounds about right actually (the 30% less part); now that I'm checking it out, my original mix plays back louder than the soundclick version by what my ears tell me is about 30%. Maybe I'll make an mp3 downloadable from soundclick. That might give better results.

Thanks again for listening and all your comments.

I'm just curious, I just posted a song on forum called Pharoh's Dream. That mix was set at a -1.4 db If you could check the voulme you are hearing through soundclick to see if it comes across ok and let me know .Thanks

Go Back to forum