at least not anywhere that I looked!
I am installing, from scratch, my studio software on a laptop - long sad tale of woe skipped - and I'm a wee bit confused!!!
My primary tools are Sonar 6PE and Finale 2006, both patched to their most current versions.
So now I'm trying to untangle GPO and JABB.
I have a ton of updates, and I've been somewhat successful in digging through posts here to figure out some of this, but I could use some assistance. When I do get this figured out I will be happy to post a step-by-step.
Anyway, here's what I have done thus far:
1) installed GPO from the four CDs I originally received
2) updated GPO with the v1.1..8.3 updater (installer size 17,598K)
3) updated GPOStudio with the V2 updater (installer size 3,888K)
4) installed JABB from the DVD I originally received
5) updated JABB using the Update #1 files
Things I have not done yet:
1) installed the DFD v1.29 update
2) installed the GPO Plugin V1.1 update
Is there any need to install either of these?
Things I'd like to do:
1) install GPO-KP2 v2.2.2 update for Kontakt2
2) install JABB-KP2 V2.2.2 update for Kontakt2
My only concern is that this might cause problems with Finale 2006, and if that is the case I guess I'll have to wait a bit. I am aware of a problem with some percussion instruments in GPO, but other than that it seems like a good idea to update. I'm just not clear on Finale support (I can, I think, continue to use the lite version of GPO that came with Finale 2006 - can't I?)
Thanks in advance!!!