• Register
  • Help

Topic: Emerald n Virtuoso Pro

Share/Bookmark

Emerald n Virtuoso Pro

It may be too soon to ask this but is Emerald and VPRO complimentary or
    is Emerald a poor second to VPRO and no longer "necessary" or "desireable".

I purchase VPRO but not Emerald.

Re: Emerald n Virtuoso Pro

They are really one set. Emerald has the woodwind and perc sections. VSPro has some additional harp/tymp samples as well as Bass Clari and Alto Flute. But they combine to form a full orchestral set. (just that there is ALOT of string and brass [of varying sizes] between the two)

Quote Originally Posted by moosethree
    It may be too soon to ask this but is Emerald and VPRO complimentary or
    is Emerald a poor second to VPRO and no longer "necessary" or "desireable".

I purchase VPRO but not Emerald.
    Actually, you should note that VSPro's string ensembles are completely different samples than what is in Emerald. Different, not better. Being a string player, I wanted different types of color and playability, so I recorded a BUNCH of new stuff.

Emerald is in no way a "lite" version of VSPro at all. It's just a different set.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter
    Actually, you should note that VSPro's string ensembles are completely different samples than what is in Emerald. Different, not better. Being a string player, I wanted different types of color and playability, so I recorded a BUNCH of new stuff.

Emerald is in no way a "lite" version of VSPro at all. It's just a different set.
    Hi Kirk,
    It would be nice, if (as a long term project) Emerald would integrate better with VSPro. The VSPro concept is so much better (playability-wise) and the instrument concept is much more logical. Maybe you could adapt the Emerald instruments in this direction (though I´m aware it´s not possible to include all the extras such as controlling vibrato and controllable portamento). How about adapting the keyswitches of Emerald similar to VSPro as a first step. Therefore, using different articulations via keyswitching would be so much easier as you don´t always need to recall the different keyswitches.
    Just a suggestion
    regards
    Raindog

At least make a VPRO version of the Emerald Winds and Percussion so the set is "complete".....

Quote Originally Posted by moosethree
    At least make a VPRO version of the Emerald Winds and Percussion so the set is "complete".....
    I guess reverb samples of woodwinds would be good (unless they are already there in which case..I'll get my coat)

Go Back to forum