• Register
  • Help

Topic: July 8-Free Kennedy Center Concert/Kowalski/DCYO

Share/Bookmark

Post July 8-Free Kennedy Center Concert/Kowalski/DCYO

Hi all,

I've mentioned this a bit earlier, but thought it would bear repeating, especially since I have ticket information now.

I invite everyone who will be in the DC area on July 8 to come to a free concert at the Kennedy Center which will happen to include a short orchestral work of mine.

The concert is a celebration of the DC Youth Orchestra Program and to honor its founder Lyn McLain who recently retired. I was comissioned to write a short work dedicated to him. He was a real inspiration to me when I went through the program. The musical program will be played by an orchestra of DCYO alumni, many of whom have gone on to become well-known professional performers.

Tickets are FREE, but you should order them in advance to be sure you can get in. Call: (202) 723-1612 or email: ava@dcyop.org to get 'em.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: July 8-Free Kennedy Center Concert/Kowalski/DCYO

Jamie,

Wow, congratulations. Man, I wish I lived closer to DC. Unfortunately, it's about an 8 hour drive there. Otherwise, I would definately attend.

Good luck, my friend.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Hi Jamie,

I too am a little too far from DC to check it out, but congratulations on the achievement! I'm sure the concert will be fantastic!

Best,
    Reegs

NOoooooooooooo

I'll be there THIS weekend for VGL, not the following =(
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Thanks for the support, guys!

If anyone thinks they might be able to make it, let me know. It would be fun to meet other forum-goers.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Wonderful Jamie:

Your music deserves to be heard and I know that the audience will be blown away. Will be thinking of your presence in DC on July 8th.

Congratulations,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Congratulations on this once again, Jamie!

My sincere good wishes on the forthcoming performance.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum