• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Finale 2008

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2008

Here's a link to the Finale 2008 announcement:

It's not the official announcement from MM, but apparantly their web developers were working on this, and google found it.

There are many, many, many more included Garritan sounds from JABB, Marching Band, Choir & World libraries. All included with Finale 2008.
    Here's the list of included sounds:

Jeff

edit: MM posted the official announcement today. Here's the new links:

Finale 2008
    http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/home.aspx

List of included sounds:
    http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/fe...an_sounds.aspx

Looks way cool!
    Last edited by Jeff Turner; 06-27-2007 at 10:30 AM. Reason: new links added

Re: Finale 2008

JUST to get my hands on Garritan choral sounds... that is the ONLY reason I WILL upgrade.

Gary!!! HEY!!! Get your "elbow" in gear and RELEASE THEM CHORAL LIBRARIES!!!!!!!!!!

So..... is there a reason to get the Marching Band Library or not? Gary what are the pros......

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Here's a link to the Finale 2008 announcement:

http://dev.finalemusic.com/finale/default.aspx

It's not the official announcement from MM, but apparantly their web developers were working on this, and google found it.

There are many, many, many more included Garritan sounds from JABB, Marching Band, Choir & World libraries. All included with Finale 2008.
    Here's the list of included sounds:
    http://dev.finalemusic.com/finale/fe...an_sounds.aspx

Jeff
    Hah .. Aha .. I knew it .. I knew it.

Now we're talking .. oh man .. now we're talking. Sweet .. how sweet is this?

Just look at those added sounds and .. for me .. even more .. just look at that new audio track cabability .. ohooo and, perhaps even better, look at that new feature of mixing Finale and Garritan libraries .. a beginning of that Synth Rack I nearly predicted or dreamed of in a recent post. I know, just a beginning, but it's there .. now we're talking. The only notation program to have these features. Lemee at it..

er .. assuming of course that the big HP fix is included which I have faith it is.

Assuming HP is back on track and with these new features, in my view, nothing beats Finale, just my opinion of course
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I guess my point was, when I ordered Finale 2007 last fall, I agreed to buy the Marching Band library as well (whenever it comes out). Now that Finale 2008 seems to have many of the same sounds as this library (and more) shouldn't the Marching Band library be reduced even more in price for Finale 2008 upgrade purchasers. Also, I would assume that the same development that started the marching library (in terms of sample technology) has not changed (I would assume) since the fall. That's almost a year of wasted further development whereas (again I assume) Finale 2008 will have more features and fixes on top of the added sounds. I do notice the lack of section flute, clarinet and mellophone sounds in the Finale instrument list (and I'm sure there are some added percussion sounds in the marching band/concert band library). Should we now still pay $199 (for the Marching Band library) for what seems to be lacking (instrument-wise) in the Finale upgrade on top of the Finale upgrade price? In the fall of 2006 it seemed great, but now I'm not too sure. (although it's hard to do without mellophones if you are arranging for drum corps or marching band).

Bill

Bill,

Since the Marching Band hasn't been released yet, I sure you can cancel your pre-order if you want to. Your credit card hasn't been charged yet, has it?

I still plan on getting the full Marching Band library myself. The instruments included with Finale 2008 are only a small portion of the full instrument list. Compare the lists of instruments for yourself and determine whether it's right for you.

At $199, I still think the Marching Band Library is a no brainer for me.

Jeff

Thumbs up Re: Finale 2008

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    JUST to get my hands on Garritan choral sounds... that is the ONLY reason I WILL upgrade.

Gary!!! HEY!!! Get your "elbow" in gear and RELEASE THEM CHORAL LIBRARIES!!!!!!!!!!
    Mmmmm! Choral libraries from Garritan? Yes! Yes! Yes!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by CWillCalho
    So..... is there a reason to get the Marching Band Library or not? Gary what are the pros......

Bill
    Bill,

The Finale bundled sounds only have a small portion of what will be in the Marching Band library. There is much much more in the full version - like Euphoniums! [edit:I like euphiniums better )

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy

qccowboy,

We are working on it! The choir set in Finale is just the basic oohs and ahhs. But we are working on a much more capable choir library.

Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    Hah .. Aha .. I knew it .. I knew it.

Now we're talking .. oh man .. now we're talking. Sweet .. how sweet is this?

Just look at those added sounds and .. for me .. even more .. just look at that new audio track cabability .. ohooo and, perhaps even better, look at that new feature of mixing Finale and Garritan libraries .. a beginning of that Synth Rack I nearly predicted or dreamed of in a recent post. I know, just a beginning, but it's there .. now we're talking. The only notation program to have these features. Lemee at it..

er .. assuming of course that the big HP fix is included which I have faith it is.

Assuming HP is back on track and with these new features, in my view, nothing beats Finale, just my opinion of course
    Michael,

The new HP is in there and 2008 is looking good. And coming soon will be a free update for 2007 users for the new HP. MakeMusic is now working on the installers and we should see something fairly soon.

Best,

Gary

Go Back to forum