• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Studio won't load

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Studio won't load

Sorry, I posted this under the JABB support forum and this probably belongs under GPO....

Good day to everyone. I have not opened up GPO in literally 10 months for numerous reasons, but after a finding a break in my schedule and suffering from enough composing withdrawl, I decided to get back into it.... only to find that Garritan Studio won't load when I double-click the desktop icon. In fact, my computer is pretty much worthless after that and I have to reboot. Everthing worked fine last year!

I have GPO, Gigastudio and other sound libraries loaded on a dedicated PC where my sequencer and sound editing software are on my main PC.

Music PC
    P4 3.2GHz
    2GB RAM
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    MusicLab MIDIoverLAN+ drivers
    Windows XP SP2

Main PC/DAW
    P4 2.8GHz
    1GB RAM
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS
    Windows XP SP2
    Sonar 5

I've tried re-installing Garritan Studio 2.0. I also have GPO Studio 1.2 installed but I tried uninstalling that too and then re-installing Garritan Studio. I have the latest GPO updates I believe. I mostly use GPO and haven't gotten JABB yet so I probably don't need Garritan Studio, right?

BTW, which is the latest version of Garritan Studio? I've downloaded a GarritanStudio0004.exe with a timestamp 1/27/06 before, but from the Garritan website I get GarritanStudio0003.exe with a 12/31/05 timestamp.

Thanks for anyone's help. I've been away too long, so pardon my absence. I keep checking the website for the much-anticipated GPO-A.

Schroeder
    "You know, Lois, I'm really not comfortable talking about this amelodically." - Brian the Dog

Re: Garritan Studio won't load

My apologies. After downloading the KP2 update, I have now seen the light! Goodbye, Garritan Studio... I hardly knew ye.

Wow, great update! And best of all it was FREE! tmonagon, t
    hank you for posting that sticky to the Garritan website KP2 update... very helpful.

Schroeder
    "You know, Lois, I'm really not comfortable talking about this amelodically." - Brian the Dog

Hi Schroeder,

I had exactly the same experience like you being unable to run Garritan Studio after many months of not using it.....

A very quick question though: Is it safe to uninstall Garritan Studio completely? I'm assuming that KP2 update will do everything & even more on my GPO now but I have not tried it yet.

Thanks in advance with your answer.

Azmiay

Quote Originally Posted by azmiay
    Hi Schroeder,

I had exactly the same experience like you being unable to run Garritan Studio after many months of not using it.....

A very quick question though: Is it safe to uninstall Garritan Studio completely? I'm assuming that KP2 update will do everything & even more on my GPO now but I have not tried it yet.

Thanks in advance with your answer.

Azmiay
    Yes its safe.

But its the first time i hear it stopped working by itself! Did you reinstall a newer version of mapple after installing Garritan Studio?
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Hi David,

I cannot remember if I did an update on Kontact prior to that. (What do you mean by 'mapple' anyway?)

Well I took the plunge to install the new KP2 - it's got a nicer interface so much so that I deleted Garritan Studio afterwards since it's history!

Quote Originally Posted by azmiay
    Hi David,

I cannot remember if I did an update on Kontact prior to that. (What do you mean by 'mapple' anyway?)
    Mapple is the virtual driver thats include in Garritan Studio:
    http://www.hurchalla.com/Maple_tools.html

I've also ditched the GPO MIDI Inputs program that I had to load before running GPO Studio in order to map more than 8 MIDI channels to more than one instance of the Kontakt player. It works seamlessly with KP2.

I was pleasantly surprised that KP2 was a free update with GPO. I think it's the full version of Kontakt 2 which would cost extra and allow you to fine tune the instrument sounds as I understand it, but I don't believe it's worth the hassle right now.

Schroeder

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder
    I've also ditched the GPO MIDI Inputs program that I had to load before running GPO Studio in order to map more than 8 MIDI channels to more than one instance of the Kontakt player. It works seamlessly with KP2.
    Thats most probally what killed Garritan Studio. Just trying to support the user who still want to use it. Garritan Studio is considered "legacy" right now.

Go Back to forum