• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jazz drum loops ?

Share/Bookmark

Jazz drum loops ?

hi

I'm looking for some good jazz drum loops - preferably really swinging bebop style (including brush work).

Are there any out there ?

thanks

swayzak
    1. E8400 C2D, Asus P5K-E Wifi, , 4GB Corsair 8500 ram, rme MF, sw1000, plugstation, XP SP3, many hosts & plugins

2. E6600 C2D, Asus P5B Delux, 2 GB Corsair 5700, Audiophile 2496, XP SP3, Emu APS, many hosts & plugins

Re: Jazz drum loops ?

There's an old Peter Erskine library called "Living Drums!" that has a number of jazz patterns. Apparently its now out of print, but you could probably find it somewhere.

Nowadays I mostly use my Garritan JABB brush set.

thanks

Are they loops or Midi files with samples ?
    1. E8400 C2D, Asus P5K-E Wifi, , 4GB Corsair 8500 ram, rme MF, sw1000, plugstation, XP SP3, many hosts & plugins

2. E6600 C2D, Asus P5B Delux, 2 GB Corsair 5700, Audiophile 2496, XP SP3, Emu APS, many hosts & plugins

Have a look at this thread concerning RMX swing loops if you havent seen it:
    http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54173

If you do alot of jazz, I recommend the New Orleans Strut - though it may not suit specifically for bebop with lots of brushes. I'll probably post a demo in the next few days. ( I think these are compatible with Reason - someone else will need to confirm this).

- cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gesticulator01
    Have a look at this thread concerning RMX swing loops if you havent seen it:
    http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54173

If you do alot of jazz, I recommend the New Orleans Strut - though it may not suit specifically for bebop with lots of brushes. I'll probably post a demo in the next few days. ( I think these are compatible with Reason - someone else will need to confirm this).

- cheers.
    Thanks very much - will check that (I have RMX).

Actually I've found something close to what I want (at least from the demos):

http://www.siliconbeats.com/detail.p...page=1&string=

Nice room ambience, not to "clean" - and downloadable as well !

Two others that might suit you are the jazz volume of Sonic Reality's R.A.W. series, and the jazz disc by Beta Monkey. Demos are available at both of their sites, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak

I'm looking for some good jazz drum loops - preferably really swinging bebop style (including brush work).

swayzak

RMX's New Orleans Strut is neither "jazz drum loops" nor is it "really swinging bebop style (including brush work)".

It is very cool, but nothing like what you are describing. It's title describes it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchpilot
    Two others that might suit you are the jazz volume of Sonic Reality's R.A.W. series, and the jazz disc by Beta Monkey. Demos are available at both of their sites, I believe.
    Thanks - I have the Beta Monkey one but not too keen on it.

Seems a bit laid back & quiet to me (maybe I haven't explored it properly..)

Quote Originally Posted by football
    RMX's New Orleans Strut is neither "jazz drum loops" nor is it "really swinging bebop style (including brush work)".

It is very cool, but nothing like what you are describing. It's title describes it perfectly.
    Yeah, youre right to make a further distinction there in terms of bebop and brushes. But it is very useful to complement a variety of jazz styles. I'm currently exploring this set in depth for a current project i'm working on - theres a lot in it besides creole marching bands.

To repeat a third time though - no, its not for the specific style you asked swayzak. Sorry for any confusion.

Check out Ralph Peterson's "The Samplist Guide To Jazz" from PowerFX Systems AB. Lots of loops in be bop, old school swing, brushes, Afro-Latin and Funky Jazz.

I still think that Peter Erskin's CD has the best feel of all, even if there aren't a lot of loops. But what's there is top shelf.
    Rich

Go Back to forum