• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2008/ full GPO, JABB and Marching Band

Unhappy Finale 2008/ full GPO, JABB and Marching Band

I just checked out the MakeMusic site where it lists the Garritan instruments that will now be included as part of the basic Finale package.

The first thing I noticed is that every instrument I purchased JABB for is now listed as part of the basic upgrade package. So, why did I purchase JABB about six months ago?

Secondly, anything I might want from the new Marching Band package is also included. Why on earth would I now want to spring for the entire package?

Almost everything I need from the full GPO package is listed now, but the additional free instruments from other packages more than make up for it. Why did I purchase it? Am I a fool?

As I go down the list I find that everything I need from full GPO, JABB, and Marching Band is now included as "freebies."

I am somewhat disappointed, to say the least, to learn that all I had to do was wait for MakeMusic to give me everything I needed from Gary and I could have saved a lot of money.

What's the story here?

Re: Finale 2008/ full GPO, JABB and Marching Band

Of course I don't know what you bought JABB for, Ron, but you do get quite a few more saxes in JABB. And that's what I bought it for.

Re: Finale 2008/ full GPO, JABB and Marching Band

I also bought JABB for saxes and additional percussion. Everyone of the percussion instruments I use from JABB is now listed in the list of what's included with Finale 2008. In the six months I've owned JABB, other than percussion, the only instrument I used is the tenor sax. I felt I needed JABB in order to expand what I could use in orchestral work. Now I it looks like my purchase was completely unnecessary--and I feel cheated.

Go Back to forum