• Register
  • Help

Topic: VIENNA INSTRUMENTS- Harps. Comments?

Share/Bookmark

VIENNA INSTRUMENTS- Harps. Comments?

Sorry for yet another post. I am looking to pick this up next week, but wanted to hear some comments on the library first. I just want the most realistic harps available.

Thanks!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: VIENNA INSTRUMENTS- Harps. Comments?

Below you can listen to a composition of mine for 2 harps, performed with Vienna Harps.
    The composition uses 4 articulations:
    "normal", "mute", "flagelotte" & "bisbigliando"
    Listening to the articulation "bisbigliando", which sounds very natural, you can hear the nails of the performer.

http://music.v4m.net/ove4/TwiLight_2H.mp3

Make up your own mind.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Beautiful piece, and the harps sound great. I just ordered them last night with the extended upgrade. I'm anxious to try out the Vienna VI interface. I'm definitely considering buying the the rest of Vienna's VI's.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7
    Beautiful piece, and the harps sound great. I just ordered them last night with the extended upgrade. I'm anxious to try out the Vienna VI interface. I'm definitely considering buying the the rest of Vienna's VI's.
    Good decission!
    I own the whole Symphonic Cube with Vienna Instrument.
    I think at the moment there is no better lib on the market.

That's a stirring piece, Jovan. Brings out a lot of sweet emotions. Finely done. Put together with finesse.

David Young

Thank you very much, David.
    "twi.light" was originally composed for two classical guitars, I arranged it for two harps after I got VI harps for checking the harps lib.

Thumbs up Re: VIENNA INSTRUMENTS- Harps. Comments?

Very nice Jovan.

Would you mind telling me what are those fast notes we hear all the way threw your piece? Did you play this by hand or is it a performance or something? It works really well either way and it sounds like VSL nailed it again!

Those fast notes, the articulation is called "bisbigliando", we call normally "tremolo" on the guitar.
    Those notes are an articulation of the "Vienna Harp" and are recorded by VSL in their studio - played by hand. To get this sound you have to pick the string between 8 and 10 times a second.

"twi.light" uses as sequenzer Overture 4 and as VST host Bidule.

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    Those fast notes, the articulation is called "bisbigliando", we call normally "tremolo" on the guitar.
    Those notes are an articulation of the "Vienna Harp" and are recorded by VSL in their studio - played by hand. To get this sound you have to pick the string between 8 and 10 times a second.

Thanks Jovan.

Quote Originally Posted by jovan

There's a similar technique for Paraguayan harp which I use (called trino), where the nails of the index and/or middle finger brush rapidly back and forth against 1 or 2 strings. This sounds a little different, though, like maybe there are alternate fingers on the same string. I'm curious..could you let me know? It does sound good.

Saraswati

Go Back to forum