• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX in Cubase 4 Question

RMX in Cubase 4 Question

Hey Gang

New member, first post, please bear with me!
    Upgraded to Cubase 4 and am going to the motions learning differences and exploring options. Installed Cubase 4 and then removed SX3.

One of the new features in C4 is the automatic prompting for midi track creation. While that's welcome I can't seem to find the same super convenient feature SX3 had to automatically create 8 tracks upon launching Stylus RMX. Do I need to create a special template to regain this functionality or are there other options to speed up this process?

Thanks much
    Win XP, ASUS P5W-DH, E-MU 1820, Axiom 49, padKontrol

Re: RMX in Cubase 4 Question

Hi Frank,

Good question...I have no answer...but a question for you that came up this morning: Is it possible to remove the unused rmx channels in the SX/SL mixer, so that there are no unused faders on the hardware controller.

You know....I am not sure. Out of curiosity I went to secondary PC and pulled up an SX3 project which included RMX and it's preassigned 8 outputs. It had two 'spare' channels but I am not able to remove these tracks even though RMX routing for this particular project is only from A to F. Are you raising question because of overhead concerns?

A bit more research indicates pre-assignment of RMX channels is not going to be part of current feature set in C4. Obviously I am no expert so I am still seeking solutions to get routing accomplished automatically when projects involve RMX. I guess it's time to break out the manual....

Follow synthuser's instructions once and then create a template.

I'm not sure that there is a way to automatically create multiple MIDI tracks on launching a VST instrument. What synthuser is describing is assigning multiple outputs to channels in the mixer, which is not the same thing.

Should have checked back here sooner but had nose deep in 600 page+ 'operation manual'. Not wasted time; picking up subtle difference of Steinberg's interpretation for various track types and related routing ect, but a lesson in patience too. Not a single reference to this nifty option in routing section of the manual, at least not from what I was able to discern.

Big thanks to Synthuser and others who responded.

Yeah...thanks guys!!!

I know the "can hide" function in the mixer...and actually use it all the time.

When using a controller though it would be great to have the channels (the view order) in the Cubase mixer correspond to those on the controller.

Now it's like: Fader 1 = RMX output A; Fader 2 = RMX output B; Fader 3 through 8 are not used; Fader 9 is Atmophere etc.

Anyway...not a problem...thanks again.

Go Back to forum