• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bug-a-Boos

Share/Bookmark

Bug-a-Boos

Although I really love working with Notion, there are few details that I am hoping can be fixed with future releases:

1. Transposition Errors

Notion will mistranspose intervals (especially semitones).

2. Trills

Notion won't provide the proper type of trill after a transposition.

3. Time Signature entry

When adding a new instrument to the score, one has to manually add the time signatures. With additive rhythm time signatures, or changing time signatures, this isn't fun.

4. C Score Option

The choice should be to start all instruments in C, not the other way around.

5. Artifacts in Low Dynamic Samples

I routinely get artifacts (electronic pops) in low dynamic samples, especially with pppp.

6. 'Pops' on Ties

Crackles happens often when tieing a note, especially over the bar line, and almost always when it involves a hairpin.

Just a few to add to the wish list. These problems tend to disrupt workflow as I try to solve these problems as they occur.

Re: Bug-a-Boos

John2 wrote: Although I really love working with Notion, there are few details that I am hoping can be fixed with future releases:

4. C Score Option: The choice should be to start all instruments in C, not the other way around.

I would also like to see a global C score option, not necessarily as the default though.

I haven't experienced any of the others you list, but then I may not have used the feature yet that led to some of them.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Knowles; 07-01-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: clarity
    WinXP, 3 GHz/1.5 GB RAM. Notion, Sibelius3, GPO Studio, M-Audio 2496, Mackie 1202VLZ, Korg X5, M1.

Re: Bug-a-Boos

These are perfectly valid requests, and I have sent them to our development team. I know some of them are issues that we are aware of, but it's possible others aren't.

Go Back to forum