• Register
  • Help

Topic: FXTeleport and win xp he...

Share/Bookmark

FXTeleport and win xp he...

He ppl,

any1 can tell me if I can use FXTeleport on multiple computers that are running windows xp Home edition ??? or do It really needs win xp Prof ????

Re: FXTeleport and win xp he...

The biggest difference between Home and Pro is that the /3GB switch works only in Pro and there is no remote desktop in Home. Go Home if you don't need those. FX Teleport works just fine on both.

Quote Originally Posted by janila
    The biggest difference between Home and Pro is that the /3GB switch works only in Pro and there is no remote desktop in Home. Go Home if you don't need those. FX Teleport works just fine on both.
    I can't remember about /3GB switch in Home, although I think that you're probably correct, but you can certainly use Remote Desktop. The only limitation on that is that Home can only be a slave, not a host, in other words the DAW would have to be on Pro.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    I can't remember about /3GB switch in Home, although I think that you're probably correct, but you can certainly use Remote Desktop. The only limitation on that is that Home can only be a slave, not a host, in other words the DAW would have to be on Pro.

D
    I believe you've got that backwards, if I'm not mistaken. You can run the Remote Desktop client on any machine - there's even a free version for macs - but the Remote Desktop host (service) is only present on Pro. Which means the DAW would be the only one that could be Home, and the remote machines would all have to be Pro.

Also I've heard that Home does not allow multiple processors, but don't have any personal experience with that, and not sure if that applies to dual core machines. Maybe others can comment on this.

- buzz

Quote Originally Posted by buzzripper
    Also I've heard that Home does not allow multiple processors, but don't have any personal experience with that, and not sure if that applies to dual core machines. Maybe others can comment on this.

- buzz
    I heard the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzripper
    I believe you've got that backwards, if I'm not mistaken. You can run the Remote Desktop client on any machine - there's even a free version for macs - but the Remote Desktop host (service) is only present on Pro. Which means the DAW would be the only one that could be Home, and the remote machines would all have to be Pro.

- buzz
    The DAW would normally be the Host.

D

Go Back to forum