• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Miroslav Demo

Share/Bookmark

A Miroslav Demo

As always, comments are truly welcomed on this piece. The piece is called the Seventh. The biggest, does it sound somewhat realistic? And the composition itself? Still trying to understand this music..Many Thanks in advance. Joseph..
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5508013

Re: A Miroslav Demo

I like it.

The tone and mix are good for me, although a little bit more reverb on the strings might help them glide more.

I'd have made the strings a bit more legato in places, more connection between the notes ... more flowing.
    I'd have also used a bit more CC:11 for expression in the strings. Just a bit.

The ryhthm, initially, is a bit disjointed to me, but on a 4th listen I'm getting used to it. The next one you approach in this style, possibly think more about the "physical" rhythmic flow that a conductor would bring to the piece, even if it's just for each phrase, within itself.

It's well done. I'm just being very very picky with my comments.

Did you play the parts in or did you score them in?

Re: A Miroslav Demo

Thanks Steve..Glad you were picky. It only helps me more. I agree with the Strings a hundred percent. I wrote this on paper first. Seems I get bored fast, and then change my ideas. Dont know if that is bad or good? Very hard for me to use the Legatos in Miro. Still going back and and forth. Thanks for the wonderful comments. Hopefully the next, and so on shall be better. Long way to go yet...Joseph

Go Back to forum