• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Tango for piano

Dublin, Ireland

Tango for piano

This is a laid-back and quite relaxed tango for piano solo, key F#.
    I wrote it some time ago, but this is the first GPO version, and features the GPO Steinway.
    There is another version for violin and piano, but I will post this solo version first.
    Hope you enjoy.

Re: Tango for piano

Hey man, I enjoy it!

Cool, in my head it invites me to play with it together jazzy.... .
    Perhaps a little rhythmus section and a jazz bass and some light strings for the chords.... .

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hi Eugene,

This is certainly 'my cup of tea'! I enjoyed it very much and I sure would enjoy to play it on my piano
    I heard in it some Albeniz, some Gershwin and even a bit of chopin!

Shelton, Washington State

I thought your tango sounded real nice as a piano piece. I hope you arrange it a bit and repost it.

It was quite lovely.

That is a most enjoyable composition, Lad. I like it very much. It is going in my "keeper" file for future rehearing. It's a great treatment of the Latin style and it displays your professionalism and knowledge of music theory.

Thanks for posting it.

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

Hello, Eugene

Your "Tango for Piano" is excellent. Wonderful writing and arranging - and a remarkably sensitive performance on the GPO ivories.

I know everyone's looking forward to the upcoming Garritan Steinway, but when someone uses the GPO Steinway as well as you have here, we're reminded that it's not as if there's been a tremendous lack in what we already have available.

It's a great way to start my day, having such an impressive listening experience.

Thank you very much!

Randy B.

Simply a beautiful composition. It is beautiful sound, harmonies and subtle rhythms that run as smooth as a river of chocolate..... I don't know how else to describe the sensual pleasure this provides....

Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Wilton, NH

Hi Eugene,

I really enjoyed this. There seems to be a tango underpinning in the left hand with a very Romantic right hand part but with a dash of Jazz added to both for good measure. It's a great mixture.
    Trent P. McDonald

Dublin, Ireland

This was my first go at actually playing the GPO Steinway, rather than inputting notes. Many thanks to all who responded:-
    Gunther: Yet I could imagine it played by a small jazz combo, something I might try later. Thanks for your response.
    Sunbird: Yes you are correct there is certainly some Albeniz there, and a little bit of Gershwin, and possibly Chopin. I also thought Ravel got a little look in too! If you are interested in the score there is a pdf available.
    Phil: I wanted to write a piano solo first and foremost. It certainly would lend itself to further arrangement. I will shortly post a version for piano and violin - which gives the piece a different slant.
    Larry: Glad to hear you enjoyed the piece, and I am priveleged that you are saving it for future playing! I wrote it some years ago, but got the idea this week of putting it through GPO. This is the best result I have got from GPO Steinway so far.
    Randy B: Yes I felt the GPO Steinway was at last responding to my fingers - with care it does reproduce a good dynamic range. It will be interesting to see what the full GPO Steinway will offer when it becomes available.
    Louis D: Yes I aimed for a very smooth effect - I'm glad you found it a pleasure to listen to. I wanted a laid back effect, very relaxed.
    Trent: I'm gald that the mix worked for you - with the basic tango rhythm in the background, with the more romantic melody, harmonies and texture on top. My other version for violin and piano (soon to be completed) is an interesting contrast to this.

Very nice! It has that turn of the century/salon feel to it - you captured the genre perfectly. I need some sunscreen!! And a cool drink...

Muy bien!
    Ron Pearl

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast