• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: WIVI Instruments Now Sold Separately

Share/Bookmark

WIVI Instruments Now Sold Separately

WIVI Instruments Now Sold Separately
    The Professional Edition WIVI instruments are now sold as separate instrument groups. This means it is possible to buy into the Professional Edition without buying the full Brass 1 package.

The content of the instrument groups has determined the package pricing, and the separate packages are priced as follows:

- French Horns: $159
    - Trumpets (in Bb): $179
    - Tenor Trombones: $179
    - Tubas (in F): $99

More info at www.wallanderinstruments.com

Re: WIVI Instruments Now Sold Separately

Oh this is great news.
    The whole package was far too expensive for me to consider, but I ma very tempted to get the trumpets.
    Thanks
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Buchan
    Oh this is great news.
    The whole package was far too expensive for me to consider, ...
    Thanks
    2nd this! I'll get the horns first.

Arne, I haven't followed the whole other thread, but can you tell how this instruments are in RAM und CPU load compared to known sample libraries? All I know is that your instruments are complete different animals.

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    2nd this! I'll get the horns first.

Arne, I haven't followed the whole other thread, but can you tell how this instruments are in RAM und CPU load compared to known sample libraries? All I know is that your instruments are complete different animals.
    I think downloading and trying the demo should give you a goo dfeeling about this. In short it's minimal...

A. W.,
    Thanks and congratulations.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    I think downloading and trying the demo should give you a goo dfeeling about this. In short it's minimal...
    Ahh - demo, thanks! I didn't knew this. Must be blind.

I wont be able to resist trying this out now!

As Marcussen said, the Trial Edition instruments have the same CPU usage and only slightly lower RAM usage. Each Professional Edition instruments uses about 3-5 MB of RAM, slightly more if you're using a Wah-Wah mute (and slightly more CPU). With the exception of the Wah-Wahs, all instruments use pretty much exactly the same amount of CPU, it's constant, and only while playing.

When you read the CPU usage, remember to compare the usage while playing and while not playing, as most of the CPU usage in the Trial Edition is due to the reverb.

On this system I'm on now, the reverb uses almost exactly 4.2 times as much CPU as a single instrument, so you can probably use that as some sort of reference. You can add 4 fully playing instruments before getting twice the CPU usage. When they're not playing, it's practically neglectable.

Just wanted to add that I will be trying this soon mainly because the response I got after I PMed Wallander....superb support and thats very important for me.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Wallander

As Marcussen said, ...
    Thank you for clarifying this!

Go Back to forum