• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jabb/gpo

Share/Bookmark

Question Jabb/gpo

Hi Everyone

I have a question open to all. I have GPO and I am thinking about buying JABB.

Will Garritan Studio allow me to mix and match GPO for some channels with, say, The Bass, Piano and Brass on others all in the one studio (eg GPO1).

Thanks in anticipation.

Philip Baker

Re: Jabb/gpo

Hi Philip

Ive not actually tried it recently but i would assume yes, as opening up an studio instance (GPO1) would bring up a single instance of kontakt player 2, in which you can access all sample libraries, just as you can when using it as a pluggin or standalone. if it doesnt work (which i very much doubt) then just open up GPO2 and route the appropriate channels through "GPO studio 2"... but really that shouldnt be necessary. hope ive helped.

Ben

Re: Jabb/gpo

Quote Originally Posted by Gardel0
    Hi Everyone

I have a question open to all. I have GPO and I am thinking about buying JABB.

Will Garritan Studio allow me to mix and match GPO for some channels with, say, The Bass, Piano and Brass on others all in the one studio (eg GPO1).

Thanks in anticipation.

Philip Baker
    It depends what exactly you're trying to do.

I assume that right now, you are using the Kontakt 1 Player version of GPO in Garritan Studio, which means you're on PC or an older Mac.

Garritan Studio has 8 slots, so you can load 8 players.

If you use the Kontakt 1 Player version of JABB (which would be what comes on the DVD you purchase), then you can load this player into these 8 slots, just as you would with GPO.

You cannot load JABB and GPO instruments in the same player in Garritan Studio.

So you could have for example:
    Slot 1: GPO with a Cello section, a Violin section, and Orch Percussion loaded within the player.
    Slot 2: JABB with Tpt1, Tpt2, Tpt3, Trbn1, Trbn2, Trbn3, Tenor Sax
    Slot 3: GPO with Chimes, Piano
    Slot 4: JABB with Brushes Kit
    Slot 5: JABB with Upright Bass, Jazz Piano, etc...

Another option is getting the free updates to both GPO and JABB that use the Kontakt 2 Player. You cannot load the Kontakt 2 Player versions in Garritan Studio, but you can mix instruments within the Kontakt 2 Player itself. And you can load up to 64 instruments in a single instance.

Go Back to forum